Pages

Monday 20 February 2017

MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara - Review

I got this mascara at the Estee Lauder/MAC sale a little while ago. This mascara retails for $23 Canadian but I think I got 2 for $15 at the sale. I believe my friend and I split the two and she took one. I'm glad she did because I really am not feeling this mascara. The wand is one of those bendy plastic ones, not the typical bristle wand. I normally prefer the bendy plastic one, but this one is nothing special.

The formula is a carbon black one and this mascara is meant to volumize more than lengthen. For me, I need both and this mascara really falls short in the lengthening department. It does volumize, but I found the formula to be thick and clumpy. It takes longer to apply than it should. It does have some lifting properties, but not enough for my taste. My lashes look thick and spikey. It does smudge a little even though it is suppose to be smudge-proof. I actually can't wait to back to MAC this!

The wand is a bit big for travel, but I've seen worse. The formula is jet black so that is plus. I still say Zoom Lash is MAC's best.

Packaging: 7/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 6/10
Longevity: 6.5/10 it keeps a slight curl and smudges a tad
Texture: 4/10 clumpy
Price: 6/10 considering what I paid ($7.50) 3/10 if it was retail price 
Ingredients: ?
Comfort: 5/10 feels heavy 
Travel Worthy: 4/10 big
Smudge Proof: 6/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 3/10
Attractiveness of Product: 5/10
Would I buy this again? NO 
Overall Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment