Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2017

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask - Review

I've received a couple of small sized travel jars of this product in recent months. It's winter so I have been testing it out. I'm not really impressed and I am wondering if I am missing something. Considering what the competition is charging, this product seems very reasonably priced. Maybe that's my answer right there.

Sephora's website has the following information about the product:

What it is: An overnight, revitalizing gel mask that absorbs instantly and works while you sleep to deeply hydrate skin.

What it is formulated to do:
Recharge dehydrated skin overnight. This unique mask is formulated with highly concentrated ionized mineral water and ceramides to deliver intense doses of moisture to stressed, parched skin. Aromatic Sleepscent™—orange flower, rose, and sandalwood—relaxes and rejuvenates while apricot and chestnut extracts exfoliate, brighten, and purify fatigued skin. The result: skin looks and feels radiant, refreshed, and soft. Wake up to soft, glowing skin.  

A jar costs $30 Canadian or $23 U.S. The directions say to use once or twice a week. It's a gel formula that is not a cooling one. The smell is ok but a bit perfumed for a night cream or treatment for my taste. I feel like it doesn't fully absorb into my skin and my face is left feeling sticky all night. Even sticks to my pillow and I am not using a lot! In the morning, my face still feels sticky. Obviously, you have to wash it off, but should it still feel sticky hours later??? I could live with that if I noticed any serious hydration but I don't. My skin is left feeling tight and not in a good way. I find myself lathering up in moisturizer the mornings after I use this. I could maybe argue that my face looks a bit more plumped, but since I have a plump face to begin with, I'm not sure that is a plus for me.

I haven't noticed my skin getting exfoliated nor brightened after using this. In fact, I think my skin looks a tad dull the morning after.

If anyone has had success with this product, please let me know. I will not be repurchasing needless to say.

January 2017 empties post should be up within the next 2 days.

Packaging: 7/10
Texture: 1/10 (sticky)  
Price: 8/10 (if it were any good)
Ingredients: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 5/10 ???? 
Travel Worthy: 7/10
Moisturizing: 2/10
Comfortable/Softening: 1/10
Smell: 6/10 (a little strong for me)
Would I buy this again? No!  
Overall Rating: 3.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment