Pages

Saturday 19 November 2016

Shiseido Facial Cotton - Review


Jaclyn Hill was talking about these cotton "pads" a little while ago and I was intrigued. At $11 Canadian or $9.50 U.S. these cotton squares are not cheap. I understand some people are taken aback by the price but for some reason I didn't think it was that outrageous, considering I have seen a pack one third of the size of some no name brand in the drug store for more than half of the price of this. There are 165 sheets or cotton squares in this pack.

I have been buying a big pack of cotton pads from Costco because the price was right. However, I am finding them to be a bit scratchy and that was starting to tick me off. So I thought what the hell I'll treat myself and tried these. Um there is no comparison. These are by far the best cotton pads I have ever used. I now get the hype. They are so soft it's ridiculous. Nothing compares. The size of the square is quite generous and I find one is all I need for eye makeup removal. I also use these when I use toner. I haven't tried them for nail polish removal yet, but that is next on the list. I will report back on that!

I tend to use more than one cotton pad for eye makeup removal sometimes but with these one is plenty. I think it is a combination of this pad being so large and the fact that any product you put on it disperses nicely throughout the pad and is not absorbed by the pad like many cotton pads do. You can use every piece of this cotton square. Somehow this pad gets into every nook and cranny in your eye area and gets every trace of makeup off. Some other pads you end up avoiding the edges because they are scratchy or just not soft on your face. Not an issue here.

I bought my first package of these a number of months ago. While I am still trying to use up those nasty Costco cotton pads, I have been using the Shiseido ones primarily and I still have half the package!!! It's like the package that won't end. This, of course, is a good thing. I fill up my cotton pad container in the bathroom with these and it's full in no time and the bag still has lots left. Anyway, needless to say, I will be repurchasing again and again. You've got to try these!

No comments:

Post a Comment