Pages

Sunday 27 November 2016

Origins By All Greens Foaming Deep Cleansing Mask - Review


I am not sure what this product is and I am not sure Origins knows what it is either. I have copied the description of this product straight from Sephora's website:

This two-in-one mask and cleanser detoxifies to draw out dirt, debris, pollutants, and makeup from skin and pores. Inspired by detox juicing cleanses, the foaming formula features green superfoods—including green tea, spirulina, and spinach—and gently cleanses without stripping or drying skin.

I got a good sized sample of this from Sephora. My sample was 0.9 oz. or 26g or 25ml. The regular can is 2.6 oz. The price is $45 Canadian or $36 U.S. Not chump change.

When you put it on, you can only sweep it on quick. If you rub too much or you are slow about it, it won't foam, it just becomes gummy goo. So once you have swept it onto your face, you wait for the magic to happen - its supposed to turn into a foaming lather. I am still waiting for the magic to happen and I have finished the bottle. Yes, it does foam up, but it's barely noticeable on me and it's very anticlimactic. A real bore actually. Once you give it a few minutes to do it's thing, you circulate the suds and wash it off. I found it slow to wash off and my skin didn't feel a thing. No tingle no nothing. My skin felt dirty still.

Did it strip my face? No. If you have dry skin maybe you would like this. It wasn't for me. I didn't feel like my face was clean and I really felt like it did nada for me. No glowing skin appeared and it seemed to ignore my blemishes. Not sure what else I can say. This must work for someone, but I didn't feel the love and didn't get the concept.

Oh and the smell. Like minty spirulina. Not my jam, but maybe it might be yours?

Packaging: 5/10 (my sample was kind of crappily made and the nozzle was terrible)
Texture: 1/10 (slime) 
Price: 3/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 1/10  
Travel Worthy: 5/10 (contents may explode) 
Deep Cleans: 0/10 (not for me)
Moisturizing: 6/10
Comfortable/Softening: 8/10
Blemish Fighting: 0/10
Smell: 2/10
Would I buy this again? Glad I didn't in the first place - No!  
Overall Rating: 3/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment