Pages

Sunday 13 March 2016

bareMinerals READY Blush in The One - Review and Swatch


I have no idea why hardly anyone talks about this blush. Ages ago TiffanyD mentioned this blush as one of her favourites and I was intrigued because I really wasn't familiar with it. Then one day I really wanted this palette from bareMinerals that I couldn't get from Sephora and I only needed to spend a little more on bareMinerals' website for free shipping so I threw this in my cart. It sat untouched in my stash from last July until about 2 months ago. I love this blush. It may seriously be my favourite. It is described as nude pink and I'd say that's a fair description. It is $29 Canadian or $23 U.S. for 6g or 0.21 oz. You can buy it at Sephora.



I love bareMinerals packaging for their READY products. It's sleek, feels good, is functional and has a nice big mirror. The only thing that sucks is that fingerprints show up so easily on it. I can live with that though. This blush looks like nothing special in the pan and it looks even less exciting swatched as you will see down below. No wonder no one looks at this colour twice! It goes on a tad sheer but frankly I like to wear it that way because it comes off as quite natural looking. When I wear it, it reminds me of the way little kids' cheeks look when they come in from a cold winter's day. The colour is easily buildable if you want a more made up look. I have actually got quite carried away a few times and have applied too much with an enthusiastic dip of the brush.



Speaking of brushes, I haven't even tried the one that came with the compact. I don't expect much from it. I do find this blush can actually look a bit darker on me than it looks in the pan and that is not a bad thing. As for longevity, this blush lasts all flipping day. Really impressive. It's become my "Go To" blush and I find myself wearing it all of the time. This is the perfect blush for travel as the colour would go with any outfit, and almost all makeup looks. I really can't say enough good things about it. I plan on hitting pan on this baby this year. The One and I have big plans.....



I would highly recommend this blush for anyone with a light complexion. I also think if you were medium you might be able to use this as well as it can build up and darken very easily. I wouldn't say it has a particularly creamy or silky feel as far as texture goes, but it feels nice enough going on.

This is damn near, if not is, the perfect blush for me at least.

Packaging: 9.5/10   (damn fingerprint issue)
Pigmentation: 10/10 (the pigment is fantastic if you don't use a light hand)
Easy to Work With: 10/10 (lighter shades a bit tricky)
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 8/10 
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again?  HELL YES
Overall Rating: 9.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment