Pages

Sunday 24 January 2016

The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover - Review



I first bought The Body Shop's Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover when I was teenager. I didn't think much of it at the time and I was positive there were far better eye make-up removers out there even in my teenage naiveté. Fast forward a number of years and I received another bottle in a bag of goodies I got around Christmas from The Body Shop. I don't typically buy a lot of their products as a lot of them have less than desirable ingredients, but I got a good deal on a bunch of stuff for presents and the like so I pounced. Also, some of their stuff like the body butters work well.

Call me crazy, but after using the Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover a few times in recent weeks I honestly don't think they have changed the formula of this since I last picked this up in the 1990's. It works the same, smells the same. It has a mild yet camomile scent. I personally hate the smell of camomile and camomile tea makes me gag. That's me though. I can stomach the smell of this somehow but I can still smell the camomile. This make-up remover does a barely passable job on removing my eye make-up, but I feel I have to scrub my eyeballs a tad to get the product in there and that is not a good thing. It's like a stiff water that doesn't spread out well.

If that wasn't annoying enough, it is not uncommon for me to find a small mascara smear or mascara crumbs on my eyelashes the morning after I have used this and washed my face before bed. So it really isn't cutting it in my book. I have said it a thousand times, but it's Klorane or bust for eye make-up remover for me!

In short, this sure as hell won't be a repurchase and nothing has changed in 20 years. I'm just glad I got this for free. Pass, just pass.  

Packaging: 8/10
Texture: 4/10  
Price: 8/10 (but for what you get it isn't such a deal)  
Ingredients: 7/10
Smell: 5/10
Easy to Work With: 3/10  
Works Well: 5/10
Travel Worthy: 6/10
Moisturizing: 6/10
Comfortable/Softening: 5/10
Would I buy this again? NO WAY
Overall Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment