Pages

Sunday 31 January 2016

Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara with Grow-Lash Complex 003 Extreme Black - Review



I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as a one size fits all mascara. But I do believe that there are some mascaras that perform better for "most people" and some mascaras perform poorly for "most people". I am not digging this Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara one little bit. I don't tend to like most Drug Store mascaras and this one is a prime example of why I don't like the majority of them. As a quick side note, I paid $7.99 on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for this tube. Thank goodness I got it on sale - it makes me feel better somehow.

I bought this mascara for 2 reasons. One, my hair stylist (who has fabulous taste) told me that her niece, who works for MAC, said there is a drug store mascara that is newish and it performs better than any high end mascara by far. I was intrigued. My hair stylist said that she couldn't remember the name of it but that she thought it was in a black and gold tube. Enter Amanda Ensing, the well known youtube vlogger. She has been swearing forever and a day that this mascara is the bomb for her bottom lashes and it is the only mascara that doesn't smudge on her.

Now mascaras smudge on me like no one's business so if I hear there is a smudge free one, I pounce. To this day I have only ever found two mascaras that don't smudge - L'Oréal Le Grand Curl (discontinued a million years ago much to my chagrin) and Estee Lauder's Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara. Sorry, I went off on a tangent.....back to the matter at hand.

The first thing I noticed about this mascara was that it smudged like crazy on me, especially when I had my glasses on. First problem. Second thing I noticed was that it stings a bit, it's irritating! Guess it's the ingredients or whatever is in that Lash Accelerator. I suppose I'll never know if that works...

While the formula does allow you to apply numerous coats, my lashes look the same after 5 coats as they do with one or two coats. I get a bit of length, albeit not much, but zero volume and I need both! After I am done applying it, you can barely see my lashes. The look thin, wispy and lost against my eyeliner. 

The ingredients are quite the chemical cocktail. I have seen worse though. Frankly, I cannot find one redeeming quality to this mascara. If any of you love this mascara, please leave me a comment below and let me know why you love it because I am mystified. Oh it doesn't seem to flake or clump, I guess that is something. A picture of the brush is below:







Packaging: 9/10
Pigmentation: 7/10 (it's not jet black an it's supposed to be "extreme black")
Easy to Work With: 7/10 (yes but doesn't do much)
Longevity: 4/10 (smudges and looks like nothing)
Texture: 5/10 (soft but looks like nothing)
Price: 8/10 if it was good (but 2/10 for what you get)
Ingredients: 6/10   
Comfort: 1/10 (stings)
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 3/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 8/10
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? NO 
Overall Rating: 3/10



Bits and Bites

  • Empties Post will be up tomorrow and I have quite a few goodies.
  • Gwen Stefani/Urban Decay reviews coming up! I bought most of the collection and I am quite psyched to chat about it.
  • I have one not so great eye primer and an epic fail eyeliner to review this week as well. Stay tuned as I plan on posting like a mad woman this week since I have been slacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment