Pages

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place High Cover Concealer 2W Light/Medium (Warm) SPF 35 - Mini Review and Swatch

 
I am calling this a mini review because I have only used this concealer for one purpose and it has been a fail. That is, I have only used it as an under eye concealer. The colour I have, 2W Light/Medium (Warm) is too dark for the rest of my face so I can't really road test it as an overall face concealer. I specifically purchased this shade to cover my dark circles which is why it is so yellow and darker than my regular shade. Why do I keep looking for an all in one holy grail product??? I know I really need a corrector and a concealer, but alas I keep hoping for a quick, on the go, miracle product.  
 
 
 
This concealer does an ok job of concealing, however, I can still see my dark circles after I use this. My main beef with the product is that when it sets it looks all dry and cakey. Awful really. It even settles into fine lines. This Double Wear Stay-in-Place High Cover Concealer really is not suitable for under the eyes. It is a bit too dry for this type of use. It is nice and thick, but too thick I am afraid. It doesn't even matter if you moisturize the heck out of your under eye area. Same result. This particular shade, 2W Light/Medium Warm is super yellow so unless you have strong yellow undertones to your skin, this one will stand out for you big time on the rest of your face. Here is the swatch:
 

The product is $24 U.S. and contains 0.1 oz or 3g of product.
 
Packaging: 10/10  (sturdy, compact)
Pigmentation: 6.5/10 
Easy to Work With: 7/10 (applies a tad stiff)
Longevity: 2/10 (stays on all day but looks like crap)
Texture: 7/10 
Price: 3/10 for what it is
Ingredients: 8/10 
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 2/10
Would I buy this again? NO
Overall Rating: 3/10 for under eye coverage only
 

No comments:

Post a Comment