Pages

Sunday 29 November 2015

Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 216 - Review and Swatch




I got this mini Marc Jacobs lipstick as either a free sample or with some rewards points. Damned if I remember. This mini is 0.003 oz. A full sized version is 0.12oz. and is $36 Canadian or $30 U.S.  The colour I have, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is described as baked rose. To me it's a muted pink red. This colour is very sophisticated and classy. What I like about it is that it allows you to wear a deeper coloured lipstick without the colour being in your face. Very work appropriate. I don't wear this lipstick enough and I quite like it. Please excuse the smudges on the tube below. I just saw them now.





When you put this lipstick on, it's very comfortable, moisturizing and nourishing. Your lips sigh as though they have just been given the ultimate pleasure and say thank you. It's such a strange sensation. You can't help but feel happy and not every lipstick can do that my friends. I would stress though that it would be a good idea to wear lip liner with this lipstick because I find it can fade on its own within 2-3 hours. The nice thing though is that the colour stays true, even when it fades. Marc Jacobs Beauty claims it will last up to 10 hours but I don't see how unless you don't eat or drink anything and stay perfectly still. That claim is a stretch at best. This is hands down in the Top 3 most comfortable lipsticks I have ever worn. Here is a swatch:


I would definitely repurchase and/or buy another shade. Despite it's habit of fading, when you wear this lipstick it just feels expensive and luxurious. It's vibrant but not shocking, the way a lipstick should be. This lipstick is definitely one of the best finds of the year for me.

By the way, isn't Kiss Kiss Bang Bang an entrée at the Cheesecake Factory? Or is that Bang Bang Chicken or something?

Packaging: 10/10 (cute tube)
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 6/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10 (worth every penny though)
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating: 9/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment