Pages

Saturday 17 October 2015

Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Eye Balm - Review


I received a rather large sample of this ages ago in a gift with purchase set as I picked up my foundation at the Estee Lauder counter. I decided to give it a whirl when my Origins Eye Doctor ran out. As mentioned before, and I am still pleased to report, I have been lucky in that I don't have any lines around my eyes nor crow's feet yet. I flinch when I see women 10 plus years younger than me with such issues. I remember years ago I had a boss who told me "wait until you are 28 or 30 and you will have crow's feet galore around your eyes"! I am past that age now and none in sight. Amen. I think it's a bit of luck, using moisturizer early and good genes.

With that said, I always feel like a heel reviewing eye balms that address such issues that I don't yet have. Prevention is key...I will still try to do my best to review it for you though. This eye balm claims the following (as copied from Sephora's website):

What it is: A multiaction eye calm to measurably reduce the look of multiple signs of aging around eyes including lines, wrinkles, and crepiness.

What it is formulated to do:
This high-performance, multiaction eye balm has the power to respond to skin's changing needs. It helps improve multiple visible signs of aging around the delicate eye area including lines, wrinkles, and crepiness. Potent IntuiGen Technology™ helps reactivate skin’s innate ability to look younger. The velvety texture instantly nourishes and revitalizes as it helps create a more youthful look. Eyes appear firmer, brighter, and more beautiful. For an added boost, use it weekly as a refreshing eye mask.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Research results:
Tested and proven:
- 92% of women showed significantly firmer skin in just 4 weeks


Just to keep it real, I can't say I noticed this product targeting lines, wrinkles or crepiness because I don't have any of those things to deal with yet. I can say that it is quite moisturizing and comfortable on the skin. It is not the most moisturizing eye cream ever, but it does a decent job. The product is thick and velvety as it claims to be. I don't have puffy bags under my eyes so I can't tell if it works on that either. As a side note, the product doesn't claim to do that. The product also doesn't claim to do squat for dark circles. I can tell you that it doesn't do anything for mine - since it isn't said to be for that, I can't cry foul.

The product does claim to firm and brighten the eye area. I haven't noticed any brightening, but the skin under my eyes is definitely not as thin feeling, it is much firmer. In fact, this may be the firmest my under eye area has ever felt. I have been using this product consistently for just over a month.

A regular sized jar is 0.5 oz. and the one I have is 0.17 oz. Mine is about two thirds finished. I think a full sized jar would last the average person for several months. The regular jar is $66 Canadian or $60 U.S. The packaging is nice enough.

Packaging: 8/10 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Moisturizing: 7.5/10
Texture: 7.5/10
Reduces the Look of Dark Circles: NO (but it doesn't claim to)
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Quantity of Product: 8/10 
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Strengthens Under Eye Area: 9/10 (but my dark circles look the same)
Would I buy this again? No, because it doesn't do anything for my dark circles
 Overall Rating: ??? I don't feel I can rate it because it isn't designed to target my needs.  


Bits and Bites
  • My empties bin for this month is quickly filling up!
  • I should have a review on a great Tarte palette up within the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment