Pages

Friday 25 September 2015

Makeup Geek Blushes in Smitten and Bliss - Review and Swatches



Today I am reviewing two blushes from Makeup Geek (MUG) in Smitten and Bliss. They are $9.99 U.S. each. In the above picture, Smitten is on the left and Bliss is on the right. This picture was taken with the flash on.

I bought Smitten by accident. I thought I was buying Bliss and got confused for some strange reason at checkout. I would say Smitten would work for light to maybe medium skin tones. It's not super pigmented and it could disappear into some skin tones very easily. I think of this blush as a pleasant surprise. I didn't use it for ages because I thought I had no use for it, thinking it was just too pale. What it does do is give your skin a nice little glow and a hint of colour. It's a very subtle, yet super flattering colour. It's a great blush to reach for when you don't know what colour to wear and you don't want anything dramatic. It is described as pale creamy apricot. I think that is a fair description of the colour.

Here is a picture below of the same blushes without the flash.


Bliss is just beautiful (shown on the right) and it has quickly become one of my favourite go to blushes. The colour is so flattering! This colour is described as light peachy coral. I think there is a hint of pink to it which is not captured in the description. I have said it before and I will say it again, this would be a great bridal blush. These blushes are a generous size coming in at 4.25g or 0.15 oz. For $9.99, I dare you to find a better value blush of this quality on the market. They are so smooth and blend so well. Marlena did a really good job with her blush colours from what I have seen so far.

Okay, swatch time. Smitten is on the left and Bliss is on the right. The first picture is with flash and the second one is without the flash. I know they don't swatch super pigmented, but they are pigmented on the face. Personally, I don't think it is always a good thing to have a super pigmented blush. Sometimes subtle looks better or at least more natural.


 
 
Packaging: 10/10   
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating:  10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment