Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

Make Up For Ever MUFE 9 Artist Shadow Palette Volume 1 Nudes You Need - Review and Swatches



I purchased this palette from Sephora a few months ago and it took me awhile to use every colour in the palette. Not sure why. However, I can say that I really road tested these eyeshadows for you! The palette contains 9 eyeshadows weighing 1.8g or 0.06 oz, each which is quite generous. The cost is $49 Canadian or $42 U.S. All of these colours can be purchased as singles. They cost $24 Canadian or $21 U.S. each as singles and weigh 0.07 oz. So in this palette you are getting damn close to a full sized single. In fact, one of the eyeshadows in here is bigger than a MAC eyeshadow so this is value for your money. If you buy 3 of these eyeshadows as singles and buy the trio case it's $50 Canadian or $44 U.S. Basically, 3 full sized singles costs as much as this whole palette.


Sorry for the smudges on the palette cover. I wiped and they weren't budging. Will have to get out soap or something and I rather not do that and wreck the packaging. Speaking of which, the packaging is rather sturdy. I would feel safe travelling with this. It's a good size but it is not huge either. As you can see from the picture above, this set contains I-528 Pearl, I-514 Pink Ivory, ME-512 Golden Beige, S-556 Taupe Gray, D-562 Taupe Platinum, ME-644 Iced Brown, S-102 Onyx, I-544 Pink Granite and D-652 Celestial Earth. I already have I-544 from the MUFE Studio Case that Sephora had last year. I find the one in the Studio case is a bit more purple and slightly better quality, but they are practically the same. 



The thing I like about MUFE's revamped eyeshadows is that they are so vibrant. There is something about them that sets them apart from other eyeshadows. However, these are not my favourite eyeshadows. Some of them are chunky and glittery. I also find that this particular batch in this palette has some longevity issues. I seriously thought that my eyeshadow primer had gone bad, but then I would use my primer with other eyeshadows and I didn't have the problem. I would switch back to these and the problem was back again. For me, who is an oily eyed gal, these crease even with eyeshadow primer and an eyeshadow base! However, I think I can get 6 hours out of these before it's crease city. I would not use these eyeshadows if I needed something to last me all day and all night. This is short term wear stuff in my opinion. Now if you have dry lids, these will likely last you all day and you can ignore my babbling.


From left to right and from top to bottom we have I-528 Pearl, I-514 Pink Ivory, ME-512 Golden Beige, S-556 Taupe Gray, D-562 Taupe Platinum, ME-644 Iced Brown, S-102 Onyx, I-544 Pink Granite and D-652 Celestial Earth. By far, my favourites are S-556 Taupe Gray, S-102 Onyx, I-544 Pink Granite and ME-512 Golden Beige. I don't love warm, shimmery browns so some of these are not my faves. If you do like warm, shimmery browns, you will love this palette.

All of the colours transfer well onto the eyelid and they all blend easily. Pigmentation is fantastic. They are smooth, but some are chunky and glittery as mentioned and sometimes they can feel a tad rough going onto the lid. Do you need this palette? Not really. If you want to try these new MUFE eyeshadows and a good variety of them, this is a cost effective way to do so. I did find myself reaching for it quite a bit this summer when I didn't know how to do my makeup on some days. Will I use up this palette? Yes, I think I will for the most part eventually. I don't feel the need to rush to Sephora and buy the other two palettes like this that are more colourful (Volume 2 and Volume 3).

Swatch time! From left to right below is I-528 Pearl, S-556 Taupe Gray, S-102 Onyx, I-514 Pink Ivory, D-562 Taupe Platinum, and I-544 Pink Granite.


Now for the last three. From left to right is ME-512 Golden Beige, ME-644 Iced Brown and D-652 Celestial Earth.

 
 
Packaging: 10/10 (sturdy and big mirror)    
Pigmentation: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 9/10
Longevity: 6/10
Colour Stays True: 8/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10  (until creasing)
Would I buy this again? Maybe
Overall Rating:  8/10

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment