Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2015

bareMinerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation SPF 20 - Review and Swatch


I got a generous sample of this from Sephora a little while ago. If you have been reading my blog for a long time you would know that I have never had any luck whatsoever with bareMinerals foundation products. Sadly, this liquid version too was a total bust. I was given Bare Natural 07 which is a tad dark for me and much too orange. There are 20 shades in the range. A regular sized bottle is $36 Canadian or $29 U.S.

I realize that this is a "serum", but the formula is so thin! Even if you shake it up, which you are supposed to do, it so runny, you have to blend it in fast. I would say the coverage with this product is very light, not even close to medium. You pretty much need near perfect skin to wear this and if you had perfect skin, why would you even bother to put this on....For me, this is really barely good enough to wear to the supermarket with big dark sunglasses. I have used tinted moisturizers with better coverage.

I feel like it comes off on my fingertips if I touch my face. Within half an hour of applying this, I find it looks like I am wearing no foundation whatsoever, except that my skin tone looks a bit blotchy orange in some places. The product tends to stick to your "trouble spots". When I remove this product, even after only maybe 4 hours of wear, hardly anything comes off on the makeup remover wipe or cotton ball. Scary. It's like it just disappears into thin air.

I can't honestly say who I would recommend this product to. It even seems a bit greasy to me and has zero staying power. No pros here. I predict this product will be discontinued soon. Here is a swatch of Bare Natural 07 both in a dollop on my arm and also blended in to the right of it.


Packaging: 7/10 
Pigmentation: 1/10 
Easy to Work With: 3/10
Longevity: 0/10
Texture: 5/10 
Price: 1/10 for what it is (price would be fine if the product was decent)
Ingredients: 8/10 
Travel Worthy: 4/10 (would be afraid it would leak due to its very runny state)
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? HELL NO
Overall Rating: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment