Pages

Sunday 16 August 2015

L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Lumiere 507 Pin Up Pink and 505 French Riviera - Review and Swatches




These two eyeshadows are from the L'Oreal Pin Up Collection that were created in celebration of the Cannes Film Festival. The festival took place in May, but I couldn't get my hands on the collection until late June. I couldn't find it anywhere but eventually did at Shoppers Drug Mart. I have a feeling it was released in Europe, and probably the States, before it finally got to Canada.

There was a mascara, a nail polish, lip gloss, bronzer, lipstick and a black liquid liner in this collection as well. These two eyeshadows are the only eyeshadows in the collection I believe. I don't remember already what I paid for them, but it wasn't much. Maybe $5-$7 each? I think I got one on sale as I bought them separately. One store was sold out of one colour and then I got the other at another Shoppers location. Yep, I stalked a few Shoppers Drug Mart stores for weeks.



I think the packaging on these looks a little cheap, but it's drug store so I really need to check myself. What do I expect? The colours look gorgeous though in the pan. One ended up impressing me greatly and the other was a disappointment.

A little background to start off. I saw 505 French Riviera on Pixiwoo's blog months ago and I was in love. It looked like a straight up dupe for one of the colours in Chanel's Les Ombres 224 Tisse Riviera quad. I ended up buying 507 Pin Up Pink as a total afterthought. It looked pretty so I thought what the hell.

Swatches. Pin Up Pink is on the left and French Riviera is on the right.



I tried 507 Pin Up Pink first. I was blown away when I applied it. It glided on, needed almost no blending and the colour was fantastic! It looked like a very expensive eyeshadow and the colour was like nothing that I had in my stash. I threw some black liquid liner on and mascara and I was out the door! This eyeshadow continued to look great up until about the 8 hour mark when it started to fade and look chalky. So it's not a party all day and night eyeshadow. However, if you are only going on for a few hours or an average evening, you will be fine. I am very pleased to have acquired this eyeshadow!

On to 505 French Riviera. I have to say I had the highest of hopes for this colour and I am still trying to find a way to make it work. It looks so pretty but when I put it on, it just looks so chalky and not iridescent at all. It looks cheap, there is no polite way to put it. Yet, it looks good swatched on my arm. After wearing it for only a couple of hours, it looked like a hot melty mess and kind of greeny yellow. I tried putting a cream eyeshadow under it and still didn't look nice. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

There are no parabens in these eyeshadows so I was happy about that. They are made in Italy. I cannot find the weight listed anywhere on the packaging. Hopefully, if you are interested, you can still get your hands on these, or at least the Pin Up Pink before they disappear.

Packaging: 5/10  
Pigmentation: 10/10 Pin Up Pink  5/10 French Riviera
Easy to Work With: 10/10 Pin Up Pink  4/10 French Riviera
Longevity: 7/10 Pin Up Pink  2/10 French Riviera
Colour Stays True: 7/10 Pin Up Pink  1/10 French Riviera
Texture: 10/10 Pin Up Pink  7/10 French Riviera
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10 Pin Up Pink  1/10 French Riviera
Would I buy this again? Just Pin Up Pink but its limited edition so unlikely
Overall Rating:  7/10 Pin Up Pink  2/10 French Riviera

Bits and Bites

  • I didn't end up doing a favourites for July. It just seemed in too late in August to do it last week. I will try to add them to my August favourites.
  • A big eyeshadow palette review is up next! Actually, I have a few I am testing out at the moment so I should have quite a few in the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment