Pages

Monday 10 August 2015

Clarisonic Replacement Brush Heads - Sensitive vs. Normal Smackdown


On the left is the Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head and on the right is the Normal Brush Head. When I first got my Clarisonic Mia 2 it came with the Sensitive and Deep Pore heads. To this day I am too scared to try the Deep Pore one. Although I was very happy with the Sensitive one, and my skin was looking good, I felt I could do with a harder scrub. My mistake.

I proceeded to buy the Normal head. It's a bit scratchy and I think it irritates my cheeks a bit. Both heads look near identical but the Sensitive one has more fluffy or loose bristles. The Normal head has stiffer, more dense bristles. I have been using my Normal head for many months...long past the 3 month recommendation. I don't use it every day because it is a tad harsh and I keep waiting for it to wear down and be more usable. Nothing doing...

Clarisonic recommends the Normal head for those with normal to oily skin who want an invigorating cleanse. It also recommends this head for men who are preparing to shave. As for the Sensitive head, it is for sensitive or combination skin types (me!) and it's meant to be balancing.

Now few people have exactly the same skin type. However, I have read many reviews and heard many conversations in the Clarisonic section of Sephora that anything other than the Sensitive Brush is just too harsh for most people and many have developed skin issues from other brush heads. I think if you are in any doubt or have skin that is remotely sensitive, you've got to stick with the Sensitive head. The Normal head really is for very rough, durable skin. I would consider using it on my body rather than face.

My skin has not been anywhere near as good as it was when I used the Sensitive head. Have to go back to it. Simple as that.

Get the Sensitive head. It's just more effective and safer in my book. Price is the same for both at $30 Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment