Pages

Sunday 12 July 2015

Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum - Review

 
This is my 500th blog entry! Wow! Times flies. That's a lot of makeup and a lot of reviews!
 
I took a few pictures of my empty bottle of the Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum but they had tons of shadows and the nozzle looked greasy. Needless to say I borrowed the professional photo from Clinque's website. Yes, my 30ml bottle is empty and I had not yet done a review on this product. Shame on me. Truth be told, I wanted to make sure I really gave it go before I reported back to all of you. Now you have a sneak peek at one of my empties for the month.
 
So I got the smallest size, 30ml which is $69 Canadian or $59.50 U.S. I believe in buying the smallest size when you try out a product. If you don't like it, you didn't waste major money and if you like it, you have a container for travel. That's my take anyway. This serum also comes in 50ml and 100ml. The 50ml is $99 Canadian and the 100ml is $175. Holy smokes!
 
Now normally I swear by my Origins Plantscription serum, but the one thing my Plantscription doesn't do is correct dark spots or marks left after blemishes. Clinique's Smart Custom-Repair Serum is supposed to and also is supposed to reduce and prevent lines and wrinkles so I thought I would give it a go. The first thing I noticed was that there is an unmistakable smell of salmon when the product comes out of the pump. The product is even is the colour of salmon. The smell is gone within minutes of applying the product. At first it freaked me out, but I quickly got used to it. Now we all know that salmon is good for your heart, aging and your skin, so maybe Clinique knows what they are doing but just aren't advertising their "fishy" serum as a "fishy" serum.
 
To cut to the chase, yes, this product works well on reducing if not almost eliminating my fine lines and I would say this serum is as good as the Origins Plantscription for that issue. As for evening out skintone, it takes a few weeks, but yes, I noticed a difference. I have been using this serum for just over 2 months and I noticed a difference starting at about the 3-4 week mark. I have to say this product is a winner in my book. I have already repurchased another tube. I may go back to the Origins Plantscription at some point, but I am happy to use this in the meantime and have it continue to even out my skintone. It feels so silky too when you glide it over your skin. You don't need tons of product, but I always end up using a tad too much.
 
 

Packaging: 9/10 
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10 (pricey as is the Origins Plantscription)
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 (in the smallest size)  
Moisturizing: 10/10
Look of Skin: 9/10
Would I buy this again? YES
Overall Rating: 9/10

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting and informative blog. It's really useful blog. I really loved reading your blog. haute her

    ReplyDelete