Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

tarte Poppy Picnic Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette - Review and Swatches



The tarte Poppy Picnic Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette has been out for a couple of months now. You all know I love me some tarte. Truth be told though, what sold me was the name of the palette and the packaging. Poppy Picnic? How cute is that??? Seriously. The packaging is so retro and chic looking. In this palette are 6 matte eyeshadows and a shimmery blush. The palette is $46 Canadian or $38 U.S. which isn't bad. Each eyeshadow is 1.7g or 0.06 oz. which is pretty decent. The blush is 5.6g or 0.20 oz. which is the same size as a stand alone tarte blush. I will add that a regular stand alone tarte blush is $34 Canadian or $28 U.S. So in Canadian dollars, you are only paying $12 for the eyeshadows or $10 U.S. if you look at from that point of view.



Please excuse the smudge in the picture above. I just noticed it. On the left from top to bottom are Summer Breeze, Sweet Tea and Ice Cream Cone. The blush in the middle is Glisten. I understand that tarte has placed Glisten in other palettes before. On the right hand side we have from the top to bottom Barefoot in the Grass, Peach Poppy and Picnic Basket. All 6 of the eyeshadows are highly pigmented. If I had to choose my favourites they would be Sweet Tea, Peach Poppy and Picnic Basket. Summer Breeze could be a touch more vibrant for my taste, it tends to get lost on the eye. Ice Cream Cone is a nice colour but can be a bit stiff to work with. All of the others blend well.




As for Glisten, I love this blush. It's like a more peach and lighter version of NARS' Orgasm blush. I have been wearing this colour a lot lately. I definitely think this palette is good value for your money. I have to say though that it is not very exciting. The collector in me wanted it. You can replicate many if not all of the eyeshadow colours in your stash if you even have a fair sized one. Do you need this palette? Honestly, no. That being said, this would be a great gift for a makeup lover or even for someone starting out in makeup. Perhaps it would be a good graduation gift (grade 8 or high school). The mirror in this thing is huge...The palette would be great for travel.

Okay, swatch time. From left to right are Glisten (blush), Summer Breeze, Sweet Tea, Ice Cream Cone, Barefoot in the Grass, Peach Poppy and Picnic Basket. Quite vibrant, no? I think some of the lighter shades would look brighter and be better elevated with a white eyeshadow base under them. Just a suggestion.


Packaging: 10/10 (so freaking cute)
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 8/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 8/10  (a couple are a tad dry)
Price: 10/10 (value! value!)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Would I buy this again?  PERHAPS (but one is enough)
Do I regret buying it? NO
Overall Rating:  8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment