Pages

Friday 5 June 2015

Makeup Geek (MUG) Eyeshadows in Mercury and Shark Bait - Review and Swatches


I don't know about you guys, but I always seem to have a devil of a time finding a good silver eyeshadow. They are always too blue or too purple and some just look ashy or dirty. I am pleased to say that Mercury by Makeup Geek is none of the above and is a true cool silver. Mercury is soft and creamy and applies so easily. It wears for hours and it's easy to blend. I can't find any cons to this shadow. If you are looking for a good silver, you should give this one a go. At $5.99 U.S., you can't really go wrong.

Along with Mercury I bought a few other shadows including Shark Bait which is on the right above. I have ended up liking this colour more than I thought I would. Makeup Geek describes it as a blue based green with a matte finish. I bought it for a look I wanted to create and I have already forgotten what look it was! Truth be told, I paired it with Mercury, put Shark Bait in the outer corner and I am very pleased with the way it looks. I threw a little crème brule in the crease and viola! I think I saw Marlena from Makeup Geek wearing something similar in an instagram pic so that is where I got the inspiration.

Back to Shark Bait. It has wonderful pigmentation but is a bit chalky to the touch. The colour transfers well onto the eyelid and it blends easily. I don't have anything like it in my collection. Each eyeshadow pan is 1.8g or 0.064 oz. Both Mercury and Shark Bait are great colours. Here are the swatches and I apologize but my sleeve smudged the tops of the swatches on my arm so the tops are missing some colour. Mercury is on the left and Shark Bait is on the right.


Packaging: 10/10  (the are palette refills so nothing to get excited about but they serve their purpose)
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 10/10  Mercury and 7/10 Shark Bait
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating:  10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment