Pages

Sunday 28 June 2015

Clarins Paris Instant Concealer 02 - Review and Swatch


I bought this product about a year and half ago. I have been using it on and off for that entire period. I think there may be at least a third to half of it left. One tube of Clarins Instant Concealer is 15 ml or 0.5 oz. I bought mine at The Bay. It is $32 Canadian and I am guessing a few dollars less in U.S. dollars. It only comes in 3 shades - 01, 02 and 03. I have 02. It says it is primarily for under the eyes but you could likely use it on other areas of your face. I bought 02 because 01 was too light for my under eye area. I find 02 is a bit peachy orange which is a good colour for the under eye area.

I have tried this product on other areas of my face and although it does an ok job, it's way too dark for my skin tone on my face. As for how it works under my eyes, frankly, the formula is too thin to do a decent job if you have medium to severe dark circles under your eyes. I mostly use this over a peach base under my eyes or on its own if I am wearing glasses to work and don't care. It is brightening, but not enough and the coverage just isn't there in my opinion.

Now I know a lot of people have hyped this product up in recent years and all I can think is that they have very mild or light discolouration under their eyes. Otherwise, this just wouldn't cut it for you. I am disappointed with this product. Here are the swatches of 02. On the left is a dollop of the product and on the right is it blended out. As you can see, it's quite peach.



The one thing I will say about it is that it is very lightweight and doesn't crease easily. So if you don't have much to cover up under the eye, maybe this would be the product for you. It just isn't for me. The squeeze tube works well. Ah the hunt for a great under eye concealer continues...


Packaging: 9/10 
Pigmentation: 7/10 (but product is so damn thin)  
Easy to Work With: 9/10 (applies super easily but doesn't cover well)
Longevity: 2/10
Texture: 9/10 
Price: 5/10 for what it is
Ingredients: 8/10 
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 2/10
Would I buy this again? NO
Overall Rating: 5/10 (points for not creasing and be lightweight but coverage quality is poor)
 
 
Bits and Bites
  • I have 3 blogs planned for this week. I have an eyeshadow palette review, a nail polish post and a ton of Empties! I should have two of them up within the next 24-72 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment