Pages

Saturday 20 June 2015

Beautyblender Bling.Ring Kit - Review




I don't know why, but I avoided buying the beautyblender sponge for years. I think I thought it was a gimmick. Also, $26 for a "little egg-shaped sponge" seemed a little steep. So I broke down and decided to try it out when I saw that they had one in a bling.ring kit. I had thought for ages that it was a bit crazy to have a wet or dry beautyblender rolling around your vanity table or storing it in a juice glass. The beautyblender on its own is $26 Canadian or $19.95 U.S. When you buy the bling.ring kit, it comes with a beautyblender and a bling ring. Basically, it's a bejewelled ring shaped holder. The bling ring is fantastic because it holds the beauty blender when it is either wet or dry and it's a holder for when it's drying.

The bling.ring kit is $35.95 Canadian or $29 U.S. Essentially, you are paying an extra $10 for the bling.ring. Some of you make think that is crazy. I mean it is a cheap plastic ring, let's get real about it. It looks even cheaper in person I assure you. That being said, I am happy with my purchase. It looks good on my vanity like that and it is the perfect shape and size for it. If you have or can find something similar to store your beautyblenderin, by all means do so and save the $10. If you aren't that lucky or resourceful, just suck it up and get the bling.ring.

Back to the beautyblender itself. When you wet it, it nearly doubles in size. I have no idea what kind of tricky technology they have used to make this thing, but it makes your foundation look so dewy and flawless! No more brush marks. I think I even use less foundation when I use this so there is savings right there. You can use the tip for the under eye area too! I am amazed but it works great to pat on concealer for problem areas. Blends right in. If you have excess makeup anywhere, just dab a wet beauty blender over the area and it picks up any excess makeup.

Something else I have noticed is that my foundation feels so much lighter on my skin when I use the beautyblender. The beautyblender washes up pretty well but I find you have to do it every second or third use tops. So it is handy to buy two if you can. Sometimes Sephora has a set of two at a discounted price. I should mention that I am able to put on my foundation really quickly with the beautyblender. It takes more time to go and wet it! I am super happy with this purchase and wish I would have bought it years ago. I plan on taking it with me on holiday this year and I am going to buy the travel case for it which holds two and allows them to breathe and air dry inside. Pink dye does tend to stream out of it the first few times that you wash it. Be warned. Maybe buying the white one, if you can handle looking at it dirty, would not be such a bad idea. It also comes in black or red, but I like the pink ones.

Packaging: 10/10     
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: time will tell
Usefulness: 10/10 
Texture/Softness: 10/10
Price: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 if I get the travel case or 0/10 with no travel case (just not hygienic to have it rolling around a makeup bag)
Overall Rating: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YESSSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment