Pages

Sunday 17 May 2015

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Lip Tar Matte in Lydia - Review and Swatch


First of all, I wanted to say how happy I am that I hit 200,000 views to my blog this past week. I know for some of you that isn't anything to get excited about, but for me it is. I don't have a youtube channel and I don't go crazy promoting my blog, so for me, this was a good accomplishment. Thank you to all of you who read my blog for letting me reach this milestone!

I have been pretty M.I.A. for the past several days I know. I just got busy with work, social engagements, appointments and gardening etc. I am not so busy this week so I will try to get a few posts up!

Okay, on to the matter at hand. I bought this OCC lip product because I loved the colour. It is described as a darkroom plum. The shade is called Lydia. The picture above shows it in the tube with the flash on and in the pic below with the flash off.



I will start off by saying that I do not like the packaging at all. I don't like any lip product to come out of a squeeze tube unless it's lip balm. It's a pain and sloppy to apply. The formula is very thin and runny.

The colour is gorgeous. No doubt about it. When you first apply it, it is so shiny and fun looking. Within 2 hours it's almost totally absorbed into my lips. It has faded and only a little colour is left. Yes, this is even with lip liner! So longevity is poor.

Each tube is 0.33 oz. I got mine in an OCC set of cosmetics. They are normally $18 U.S. or $22 Canadian on their own. I believe I got my set for about $27 Canadian and it came with a beauty powder (I haven't tried it yet), a lip liner and a lip brush. I really like the lip liner by the way and I will do a review on it soon. This set that I bought is actually now on for $23 U.S. but $57 Canadian which makes no sense. This is at Sephora.

The product feels great on and it's moisturizing but you have to keep reapplying it frequently. That's a pain in the butt if you ask me. I don't see myself buying anymore of these lip tars as a result. I have two pictures below. The first is of the product running down my arm after I applied a tiny dollop of it. The product separates as you can see.


The next picture below is of it swatched out on my arm. Not pretty.

 
Packaging: 2/10
Pigmentation: 4/10
Easy to Work With: 2/10
Longevity: 1/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10 (for what you get in return)
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 8/10 (oozes a bit)
Comfortable to Wear: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10 (before it fades)  3/10 (when it fades)
Would I buy this again? NO
Overall Rating: 5.5/10 


Bits and Bites
  • Makeup Geek Brush review coming this week (sorry for the delay but it needs cleaning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment