Pages

Saturday 25 April 2015

Bourjois Paris Volume 1 Seconde Mascara - Review



You know how sometimes you get a new mascara and it doesn't work so well at first and then it gets "good" after a week or two? That didn't happen when I tried this mascara. In fact, the opposite happened and that has never happened to me before. I have shade 61 Black.

A read a few blogs where this mascara was raved about. Greatest thing since sliced bread apparently and it was a great, fairly unknown product. I was intrigued so I picked one up. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I am thinking it was $20 Canadian. I bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart. When I first tried it, I was impressed. I got instant volume and decent length. My lashes even curled. I thought I  had a new mascara to add to my favourites list. This went on for a few days. My only criticism of it initially was that it smudged a bit.

After a week or two, I started to notice that the product wasn't working properly for me any longer. I was getting clumpy, spikey lashes. The length was gone and the volume was meh. It says right on the tube that the product is clump-free. I assure you, it is not. The formula is very black. I am also noticing that the formula sometimes seems to irritate my eyes a bit. I am not sure what the ingredients are as they are microscopically printed on a shiny, crinkly silver label under the barcode sticker. Maybe I am getting old but they are close to impossible to read.

The brush is a rubber one and I tend to prefer those, but this one is nothing special. Picture of it is below. Overall, this mascara was a great disappointment and it had so much promise at first. I have never come across this phenomenon before so quickly after opening a tube of mascara. I keep trying it to see if I am going crazy, but sure enough it works like crap now every time I use it. I don't think the tube has been opened more than a couple of months and I doubt I have even used it 20 times.

 
 
Packaging: 5/10 (Bulky and Awkward)
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10 first week 3/10 from there on afterwards
Longevity: 4/10
Texture: 1/10
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: ? 
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 3/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 2/10
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? NOPE NEVER AGAIN
Overall Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment