Pages

Saturday 28 March 2015

Tarte Tartlette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette - Review and Swatches



Behold Tarte's Tartlette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette. I picked this up a few weeks ago at Sephora with some of the gift cards I got for Christmas. This palette includes 12 matte shadows. Each eyeshadow is 1.5g or 0.053 oz. Same size as a MAC eyeshadow. The palette is $53 Canadian or $44 U.S.

When I saw this palette online and on various blogs and vlogs I thought the packaging looked nice and expensive. I have to say that the real thing looks a bit cheap to me. I love purple though so it's all good. The highlight of the packing is the gold "tartlette" stamped on the cover.

 
The eyeshadows can be used wet or dry. I can attest that the darkest colours in the palette worked well both wet and dry. The mirror inside is huge. When I first saw this palette, I thought it looked boring. All matte and all neutral colours sort of. I realized after awhile the beauty of it is in its simplicity. Most bloggers have given this palette the thumbs up and a few said they wished they would have passed. I am in the thumbs up category. That being said, I can totally understand why someone might yawn and rollover after looking at it.
 
 

The palette looks a bit violet or purple in nature at first glance. The only violet colours are in the second row. The rest are totally in the beige, brown, gray and black zone. All of these eyeshadows blend well, are very pigmented and have great longevity. Each row is a different "look" but of course you can mix and match as you see fit. My favourite row is the second one with the violets and then my second choice would be the third row. This is a great palette to travel with as its fairly compact and has solid, but not mega boring, neutrals. I usually find Tarte's eyeshadows to be high quality and this palette is no exception. I like the ingredients that they use too.

This palette is what I call a dummy palette because you don't have to put much thought into what eyeshadows to put together, it's all here, done for you. A makeup virgin could figure it out. I would definitely buy this palette again if I ever finish it and its still available. This would be a great gift for a makeup lover friend or someone who is just getting into makeup.

The colours in the first row are left to right: free spirit, force of nature, dreamer and multi-tasker. Second row left to right are: caregiver, natural beauty, best friend and bombshell. Best friend and bombshell are my faves by the way. Third row is super mom, wanderer, power player and fashionista. Here are the swatches by row:


In the picture above we have free spirit, force of nature, dreamer and multi-tasker.


Above we have caregiver, natural beauty, best friend and bombshell.


Last row in the picture above is super mom, wanderer, power player and fashionista.

So there you have it! I think my husband is about to call me so that we can watch Breaking Bad. I am so addicted and will be very upset when I am done watching the series. No one makes saying Bitch any more fun then when Jesse Pinkman does it. I am on Season 4. I keep wanting to text all of my friends "pollos" haha.

Packaging: 10/10  (sleek, compact and nice mirror)  
Pigmentation: 9.5/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 10/10 (for what you get yes)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating:  9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment