Pages

Saturday 24 January 2015

Korres Body Butter in Guava and Basil Lemon - Review



Some of you who read my blog regularly might remember that I had shown a gift set of these Korres Body Butters that I picked up just before Christmas. Today, I am going to review two of them. These are the two that I have been using the most. This is not because I like these two the best, it's just because these are opened and in use. There really isn't a difference between the two other than the scent. Both of them are fantastic, hard-working, body butters. These glide on so easily and absorb quickly which I like. You can see the difference to your skin almost instantly. The moisturization lasts too. Put it on before bed or in the morning, and your skin will stay nice and smooth until your next shower or bath.

I have to say that these are some of the best body butters that I have ever discovered. I have only one complaint. Korres prides itself on not using harsh or harmful chemicals in their products, but both of these tubes contain Imidazolidinyl Urea which some people argue is quite bad for you. Since I am applying this liberally all over my body, it gives me pause. I am hoping Korres eliminates this ingredient from this product, because without it, this product couldn't get much better. I have really been loving these. If you aren't fussed about ingredients, you will likely love this product very much.

I really like the Guava one. It smells to me almost like a baby product or like a soothing baby lotion. The scent is very light and not at all overpowering. It is my favourite of these two scents. The Basil Lemon smells like a kitchen for obvious reasons. You may wish to keep this scent for after washing the dishes etc. The smell dissipates somewhat after awhile. I don't hate this scent, but I don't love it.

One little tube, like the ones that I have are $13 Canadian for 1.69 oz. The full size tube is $33 Canadian for 7.95 oz. or is $29 U.S.

Packaging: 8/10 
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Moisturizing: 10/10
Look of Skin: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Probably
Overall Rating: 9/10
 
 
Bits and Bites
  • I am planning to do a bunch of eyeshadow reviews (including palettes) for the next week or so
  • My empties are stacking up for the month...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment