Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

Hard Candy Fierce Effects 896 Soft & Sultry Eye Shadow Duo - Review and Swatches


I picked up this little duo at Wal-Mart when I was in the States last November. Hard Candy carries a few different colour combinations in this line. I paid $6 U.S. for them as a set. Each one does not have an individual name. I would describe them as one being a caramel colour and the other one as a silver green. These look familiar don't they? Same packaging and product as the L'Oreal Infallible eye shadows pretty much. They even have the stopper inside to help keep the product fresh.


I am going to keep it real by saying that I don't overly love the L'Oreal Infallible eye shadows as you know. I don't dislike them, it's just that I don't tend to get excited about this type of product. Give me a good eyeshadow palette any day over this type of thing. However, for the drug store, these Hard Candy duos are a steal since you get 2 for $6. These are just as good, if not better (especially for the price) than their L'Oreal counterpart. I think you could have some fun with these and since this duo is somewhat neutral toned, you could do a lot with them.


With an eye shadow primer, these last for a good 12+ hour day. They are a bit crumbly, as is the L'Oreal version, but it's not a big deal. They apply fairly smoothly. I find the colour of these, and the L'Oreal ones, sometimes don't stay 100% true but they don't change drastically.

Unless I see some really interesting colours in the future, I think I am going to call it a day on this type of product because they just don't thrill me in the way that other eye shadow products do. Is it just me? Does anyone else feel this way? I do have a bunch of L'Oreal Infallible colours still to review that I bought ages ago, but I just haven't felt inspired to deal with them. This Hard Candy duo makes a great stocking stuffer as I have said previously, and would make a great small gift to a friend starting out in makeup. I think teenagers and college students would really get good use out of these and they are budget friendly. Ok, swatch time...

 
Packaging: 8/10     
Pigmentation: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 7/10
Colour Stays True: 7/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 10/10 
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 7/10 (a bit messy though) 
Attractiveness of Product: 7/10 
Would I buy this again?  No, because they bore me
Overall Rating: 7.5/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment