Pages

Sunday 28 December 2014

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser - Review


I have been using this cleanser off and on for a few months now. Until I tried this product, I had only tried one other First Aid Beauty product and I was quite impressed with it. I only had a sample of that product so a full review of it will have to wait until I purchase a regular sized jar of it. Anyway, I had high hopes for this cleanser. I purchased the 1.0 oz. size for I think $3.99 from Winners (a.k.a. Marshalls). Normally, there are four sizes for this product (1 oz., 2 oz., 5 oz. and 8 oz.) ranging from $7 Canadian to $32 Canadian or $5.50 U.S. to $26 U.S. I will start off by saying that I am glad I only got the 1 oz. and that I only paid $3.99 for it. You see where I am going with this...

Before I get into what I think of the product, I am going to list below what Sephora's website says about it:

What it is: A face cleanser with a whipped texture that transforms into a rich cream when blended with water.

What it does:
This Face Cleanser gently cleanses the skin, removing surface oils, makeup, dirt, and grime—and its whipped texture transforms into a rich cream when blended with water. It is infused with a powerful botanical antioxidant blend that works hard to block damaging free radicals. It calms redness and is pH-balanced to maintain the natural acidity of the skin. Daily use will result in fewer flare ups and reduced skin reactivity.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This product is appropriate for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin. It has been allergy-tested, dermatologist-recommended, and contains FAB Antioxidant Booster (white tea, licorice root, and feverfew) to combat free radicals.


Okay, on to my thoughts. This product doesn't lather or foam. That's not a deal breaker for me, but I like to feel something is happening or working in some way. I don't see any "rich cream" happening. When I add water and rub this over my face, I feel like I am washing it with hand soap. A little of this product does not go far. I find myself needing more to cover my face - way over and above what the tube says I need. I don't feel like I am washing my face when I apply this. I just feel like I am smearing my face with some goo. After I wash it off, my face feels unwashed, unclean. Then my skin starts tightening and goes really dry. I have oily to combination skin so this must really be doing a number on my face. Even though my skin starts feeling parched, my skin still feels unwashed!

The bottom line, as you probably guessed, is that I don't like this product. I have nothing good to say about it which is a shame because I sure did like that moisturizer of theirs that I tried once. The reviews on this product on Sephora's website are mostly very positive. Maybe I missed something, but this product sure isn't for me.

Packaging: 2/10 (the colour of the tube is peels off in small chips and chunks)
Texture: 0/10
Price: 7/10 (if it worked)
Ingredients: 7.5/10
Easy to Work With: 2/10  
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Deep Cleans: 0/10
Moisturizing: 0/10
Comfortable/Softening: 0/10
Smell: 6/10 (almost no smell but it smells a little of old hand lotion)
Would I buy this again? HELL NO   
Overall Rating: 1/10 

**Update 09/26/2016: I received another tube of this cleanser in a set of First Aid Beauty (FAB) products that I bought. It is not as bad as I remembered. The packaging is slightly different and the packaging is no longer chipping or peeling. It is thicker and lathers better. My face feels cleaner this time around when I wash it. Do I love this cleanser now? No. But it is obvious to me that FAB has improved the formula and has really stepped up their game with this product.**

No comments:

Post a Comment