Pages

Monday 10 November 2014

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette - Review and Swatches


I know everyone and their mother is talking about this palette, and let me tell you it is with good reason. This palette is hands down one of my most favourite palettes ever. This easily makes the Top 5 if not the Top 3 in my book.


First of all, the packaging is adorable. The eyeshadows smell like chocolate and they actually have cocoa powder in them. Every single shadow is very pigmented and is creamy and smooth. They apply effortlessly and blend like a dream. The colours are gorgeous! The possibilities are endless. The names of the shadows are enough to make you hungry. Bravo Too Faced, bravo!


This palette by far is Too Faced's best work to date. Hands down, no debate. Every eyeshadow is long wearing and still looks fantastic and vibrant 10 hours or even 15 hours plus later after application. If you don't have this palette, you have got to get it. If I could encourage you to buy one palette this year, I would tell you to get this one. It's $49 U.S. and $59 Canadian. Worth every red cent and then some.


I could sit here and sing the praises of this palette all night but I will try not to be a bore. The colours are from left to right and from top to bottom - Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Crème Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial and Champagne Truffle.

My favourites would have to be Black Forest Truffle, Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Candied Violet, Crème Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial and Champagne Truffle. While every colour in this palette is a solid effort, if I had to pick my two least favourite they would be Gilded Ganache and Strawberry Bon Bon. I wanted to like Gilded Ganache, but I have to say it blends the worst of the bunch. My minor beef with Strawberry Bon Bon is just that I find I have to work a bit to get it to show up on my lids.

Ok, swatch time:



From left to right in the picture above we have Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Salted Caramel, Marzipan and Semi-Sweet. Look at the pigmentation!

Next batch:


From left to right in the picture above we have Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Crème Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial and Champagne Truffle. Incredible!

I was wearing Candied Violet the other day and my hair stylist remarked that is was one of the prettiest purple eyeshadows she had seen. She asked me what it was. Sorry the pic above doesn't really show off the perfectly understated sparkle that it has.

There are 16 eyeshadows in this palette and 6 are matte. They are good mattes too. The shimmers are out of this world! The total net weight of these eyeshadows is 18.9g or 0.62 oz. Phenomenal. If you took this palette on vacation, you wouldn't really need any other shadows. The packaging is a bit bulky for packing in my opinion though. Some people would say that is nonsense.

Packaging: 9/10  (bulky but adorable and sturdy)   
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10 (Value! Value! Value!)
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 6/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating:  10/10

1 comment:

  1. it reminds me to too faced cocoa bronzer that I own, it smells like a chocolate but I didn't know it contains real cocoa powder in it >u<
    thanks for your review ♥

    ReplyDelete