Pages

Saturday 29 November 2014

Makeup Geek Blushes in Honeymoon and Spellbound - Review and Swatches



I had full intentions of doing a large eyeshadow review today but I decided to sneak in this post instead. I will put the eyeshadow palette review up tomorrow. The main reason I wanted to do this blog post is because I am super excited about these blushes. These are both from Makeup Geek. I ordered them a few weeks back. On the left is Honeymoon and on the right is Spellbound. I knew I wanted Spellbound because a lot of people have been raving about it. Honeymoon was a last minute addition to my cart. I actually got it confused with another colour...anyway, afterwards I was kicking myself because I thought I wouldn't like Honeymoon and there were so many other colours that I wanted to get.

Honeymoon was not a bad purchase. In fact, I think I like it better than Spellbound. No one is really taking about this blush much I don't think. It is gorgeous. It is described as light pink with mauve undertones and silver flecks. This colour is right up my alley. It looks really shimmery in the pan which made me a bit nervous, but when you put it on it gives your the most amazing hint of colour and glow to you skin. I would definitely say that this is more suited towards light skin tones that favour cool shades but, and this is a big but! I think where this blush excels is in the glow that it gives your skin. I would not be surprised if this looked fantastic on someone with a very dark skin tone. If nothing else, it would be an awesome highlight on medium or darker skin tones. Even if you were to mix it with another blush that could work too and enhance a so so blush. This colour is effortless and you could pair it with any outfit and most makeup looks. I plan on wearing this colour a lot this winter!

Both blushes are very pigmented and blend so easily and so quick! This is no brainer blush my friends! The texture of both is nice - super soft. Each blush is $9.99 U.S. and for the quality you get, the price is phenomenal. Each pan is 4.25g which is smaller than MAC's blushes which come in at 6g. Of course, Makeup Geek's price tag is less than half of a MAC blush. I find the size acceptable. Personally, I have never finished a blush in its entirety, although I have a Smashbox one that is near the end! That being said, I have a funny feeling I am going to finish these two blushes.

Swatch time!


Honeymoon is on the left and Spellbound is on the right. Spellbound is less rose in person, it is more peach. Spellbound is described as light tan with salmon undertones. I don't really see tan here myself. This colour is gorgeous in no uncertain terms. It warms up my skin and the colour is quite flattering. It looks like I am glowing from within and that is not something I say about most blushes! I think this would look best on medium skin tones but I can definitely still pull it off. Spellbound is very pigmented though and I only need the tiniest bit. I think I have been a bit too heavy handed when I have worn it so far. Both of these blushes are very long wearing and were still very visible 15+ hours on of wear.

I have to say that I really want to buy the rest of Makeup Geek's blush colours now. I plan on pacing myself though because I have spent a lot on makeup lately and I will have to consider going on a no buy very soon!

Packaging: 10/10   
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating:  10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment