Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Nicole - Review and Swatch



Back to Buxom today. This is the Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Nicole. I believe they have 100 different colours in this particular product line - literally. There is one called "Alexis" and obviously I will have to buy that at some point just to keep it. I don't really like the colour that they used for "Alexis", but we will get to that another day.

I have very mixed feelings about this lip polish or gloss if you prefer. The last Buxom lip product that I reviewed, I wasn't too crazy about. I have almost the opposite complaints about this one, however, this one has some redeeming qualities.

First of all, it's a plumper. Sigh....I hate plumpers. This one has a very strong minty, tingly sensation that really bugs me. I find it uncomfortable most days. I don't like being constantly aware of my lips in a tingle spasm. If this product didn't have the plumping action, it would be a very good gloss in my book.

I didn't like the look of the colour of this product in the tube. I thought I would hate it. It looks very similar to the other Buxom lip product that I reviewed the other day. It's like a hot fruit punch in the tube. When you apply it, it comes off as a subtle plum. Go figure! It has shimmer in it which I think in this case, and I usually hate shimmer in a lip gloss, helps make this a good looking lip gloss. You could wear this colour over just about any lipstick or on its own. Here is the swatch:

 
The other thing that I like about this lip product is that it stays in place. It doesn't leave your lip line or slide around. This is without a lip liner I might add. This is a very sticky lip product so if you hate that, you won't like this one. I don't mind that feature actually. I find the product is quite long wearing, but that tingling madness can last up to an hour and that is too much for me.
 
Buxom, if you are listening, please do something about that horrible tingling!
 
I guess this plumps my lips, but I have a pouty mouth so I don't need such things. I can see a little difference when I wear this, but this difference is not welcome! This product is $23 Canadian or $19 U.S. I have a travel size of this product currently from a Sephora Buxom promotion that they had a little while ago.
 
 
Packaging: 7/10 (a bit bulky)
Pigmentation: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 8/10 (chunky monkey)
Comfortable to Wear: 0/10 (for the first hour)  (6.5/10 afterwards)
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Get rid of the tingle and we will talk
Overall Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment