Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Buxom Full-Bodied Lip Gloss in Sweet Thing - Review and Swatch


I got this lip gloss as part of a free gift set promo thing from Sephora recently. The colour I have is "Sweet Thing" which is described as hot pink. I would say that description is fair. Personally, I don't really like this colour on me. It's like an orange fruit punch. I prefer pinks and reds that are blue based, not orange based, but that's just me. If you like orange based pinks on your lips, you might very well like this one.

This is a "no tingle" lip gloss that is a plumper. I hate plumpers. I have pouty lips and I wish that cosmetic companies would stop making so many plumpers! Many people don't need them and those that do tend to not see much of difference when they use one. Also, most of them are damn uncomfortable!!! Not my thing. So this one you don't feel, but I think my lips looks funny when I use this. I find the colour runs and it's just not pretty. The formula is moisturizing and comfortable though. There is a touch of shimmer in this shade and I can't say that it is that noticeable nor that nice. I think out of all of the colours in this line, this was probably the shade that I would like least. Dumb luck.


Here is the swatch of course. These retail for $23 Canadian or $19 U.S. and is 0.15 oz.

I can't say I am a fan of this product in general and the colour is just not me. I also find that the product is not long lasting and the pigmentation isn't great. It leaves a stain on your lips and the product disappears fast. The only thing that I really liked about this product is the flat wand which I thought was neat.

Packaging: 7/10
Pigmentation: 2/10
Easy to Work With: 5/10
Longevity: 2/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 8/10 (a bit chunky)
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? NO WAY
Overall Rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment