Pages

Saturday 12 July 2014

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara - Review


Is it possible to take an attractive picture of mascara? I don't think so. It is what it is.

I meant to do a post on an eyeshadow palette for you guys next (i.e., today) but alas I was not in the mood. Likely it is because the palette isn't as good as I was hoping. I will have it up though in the next 48 hours.

Okay, back to the topic at hand. So I got this mascara free this past Christmas at the Bobbi Brown counter at The Bay. I got a coupon for this freebie in the mail. I picked up a palette while I was at it. I already reviewed that palette ages ago on my blog. Anyway, I wasn't expecting much. I have never heard anyone say, "Oh my God, you have to try this Bobbi Brown mascara...". Well now you are going to hear it from me. You have to try this mascara! Yes, it is true, this is the best mascara that I have ever used. That is a bold statement coming from me. Yes, I like this better than the YSL Babydoll and the Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! mascaras which are definitely in my Top 5.



The Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara does it all. It lengthens fantastically, volumizes like crazy and curls your lashes a bit. I have zero lashes naturally. Practically nothing to work with. So for a mascara to impress me, that is no small feat. The brush is not exciting at all. I am amazed that it does so much so it must be the formula that is excellent. This mascara catches every lash and does an amazing job on my inner lashes. I haven't noticed any smudging (without glasses) and no flakes. If you have the patience to do a few coats, this mascara will seriously impress you. Don't try to wad too much on or it will clump a little. Less is definitely more with this mascara. The key is use a little, let it get tacky, apply another coat and repeat.



I am so happy that I have only been using this mascara for a month or so because that means that I get to use it for the rest of the summer hopefully before it dries out or gets stinky. This mascara is not cheap, sadly. It is $33 Canadian or $28 U.S. I checked Sephora's website and people are raving about this mascara. Where has it been all of my life???

Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: 8.5/10
Easy to Work With: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 6.5/10
Ingredients: ??? TBD
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 10/10 (without glasses haven't tried it with)
Flake and Clump Proof: 9/10  (only clumps it if you use too much)
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Hell Yes
Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment