Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

May 2014 Empties!



Sometimes I am such a putz! I put together a blog review this past weekend and was about to hit the "publish" button when I had a sudden dreaded thought. I started wondering if I had already done a review on that product before. I checked and sure enough I did - over 2 years ago. So sorry everyone, I ended up with no post this past weekend!

On to the topic at hand - empties! I thought for sure my May 2014 empties would be epic, but it ended up not being so. I am seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel (or rather tubes, jars, bottles etc.) of so many products and some just won't end. At least I got my money's worth with them. Maybe June will be more exciting.

1. Nivea Express Hydration Body Lotion Sea Minerals - Keeping up with the status quo of being a putz the last few days, I just noticed that this product scent or formula is "Sea Minerals". I can't believe I didn't notice that until this moment. I must be losing it. Anyway, the Nivea line makes some of the best body lotions available at the supermarket or drug store. This formula was very nourishing and hydrating. I didn't like the smell. It was a bit "chemical" for my taste. Nivea makes better formulas and scents in their body lotion line. Also, I find some sea mineral scented or infused products don't agree with me. Maybe that is why I didn't enjoy the scent. I actually own a body lotion with sea minerals in it that makes my fingers swell up! Yeah, I need to throw it out but I am saving it for a review. I would not repurchase this particular formula but I would other Nivea body lotions and have. It was a long winter and I used a medley of lotions.

2. Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Brightening Facial Towelettes - I used to love these. I have a blog review post on them. I am not sure if my skin has developed a sensitivity to them or if they have changed the formula, but they are not as refreshing as they used to be. I find them drying lately too. Maybe they got old? A bad batch? Hmmm. I will update my blog review post on them shortly.

3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup in 2N1 Desert Beige 12 (2) - Yes, I finished two of these this month. I actually had both bottles in circulation for months, I just decided to finish them and make room for a new bottle. Easily, one of my favourite foundations. Already repurchased.

4. Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup in Intensity 2.0 - Love this foundation and wear it all of the time. I have gone through countless tubes of this. Already repurchased. This is a regular in my monthly "empties" posts.

5. Revlon Colorstay Lipliner in Pink - This is one of the best lip liners at the drug store in terms of quality and being long wearing. I have a full blog review on this lip liner. I am going to update that post though as soon as I finish this blog post. I have a new beef with this product - the quantity. I didn't even get 20 uses out of this lip liner. Seriously. The old Revlon Colorstay lipliners that I used to have lasted me for years....I don't get it. The bottom of this lip liner plastic tube also broke off and I have no idea why. The packaging has gotten super cheap. I rather spend $16-$25 on a high end lip liner that I will have for months than $11 on this which lasts for 5 minutes.

5. Clinique Moisture Surge Skin Fortifying Hydrator - I have a full review on this on my blog. It's not bad, has some interesting uses, is not my favourite, but I would consider repurchasing.

6. Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils - I fell in love with this. One of my new favourite mascaras. I was very sad to add it to my empties bin. It just got old. I will repurchase eventually but I currently have an obscene amount of mascara to test out for all of you. Also, this one is a bit pricey.

7. Clinique Even Better Eyes - I think this was my third or fourth tube. It's pricey. While it did do some things for me, I am not sure it does enough to warrant me repurchasing it again and again. Going to look for something new. Full review of this on my blog.

8. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 Super Honey Tinted - I forgot I owned this colour. It is my least favourite colour in Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment line. The colour is just so matte and blah on me. It's an orange beige on my lips. Not very flattering. I decided to use it up and have done with. Fresh's other shades are much more exciting and attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment