Pages

Monday 16 June 2014

Garnier Fructis Style Hold & Flex Ultimate Control Hair Spray - Review


Let's face it, the world is full of substandard hair sprays. I am afraid that this is one of them. I bought this when it was on sale for around $4 Canadian. The can says it offers 24 hour humidity resistance and that it contains natural bamboo extract. It also claims to have a ultra strong hold of "5" on a scale of 1 to 5. Sounds good right? Yes it does, so I picked it up. I have naturally curly, frizzy hair. Humidity is my sworn enemy. If I can find a product that fights humidity, hey, I am on board.

This a very light, non-sticky hair spray. I personally love taking a large barrelled curling iron to my hair to get rid of frizz and give me big curls. I have been using the TRESemme Tres Two hair spray for many moons and I quite like it. This Garnier Fructis hair spray can't hold a candle to the TRESemme hair spray. I find the hold of curls with the Garnier product is very loose at best. My hair can hold a curl from a curling iron with no hair spray but obviously stays longer with hair spray. It's like I haven't even used hair spray when I use this. I still get the frizzies when I use this. I haven't experienced that with most hair sprays. I have used this several times and the result is always the same.

If you don't get frizz and don't like a heavy hair spray, maybe you would like this one. I can't imagine that this product would help hold any hair style though, especially if you have poker straight hair. I don't like this product, but that's just my opinion. Maybe if I had a tight bun, or a hair style where the chance of frizz was low and it was unlikely to unravel, and I wanted to add a little hairspray, perhaps this one might be "ok".  It's pretty much a bust for me though I am afraid.

Packaging: 8/10  (nice, slim can - 281 ml)
Easy to Work With: 3/10 (sprays out evenly and controlled but doesn't do what it claims)
Touchable Hair: 8/10 (until the frizz sets in)
Humidity Resistance: 0/10
Hold: 0/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Value for Money: 1/10
Would I buy this again? NO WAY
Overall Rating: 2/10 (some factors must weigh more heavily than others)

No comments:

Post a Comment