Pages

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Burt's Bees Aloe & Linden Flower After Sun Soother - Review


I recently rediscovered this in my bathroom this past weekend. I forgot I even owned it. Now before I start waxing poetic about the virtues of this product, I have to say that it is very important to wear sunscreen as you all know. Personally, I hate wearing sunscreen for the most part, especially the sticky ones, but you have to do it in this day and age. I will burn if I don't wear it and I am out in the sun for any length of time. My arms never burn, but everything else can and does. I am more of a burn which turns into a tan type of girl. While I am not super fair, I am light and I have to be careful. Heck, just about everyone does these days regardless of skin tone! Melanoma is some scary stuff.

Part of the reason that I forgot I own this is because I haven't used it in ages (years). I wear sunscreen and try not to burn. I am not a sun worshipper myself so I don't have to use it daily thank goodness. My husband on the other hand, can't get enough sun. He is very fair and can burn on the turn of a dime. Does he wear sunscreen??? Only if I chase after him and apply it. The man is a glutton for punishment. Anyway, this past weekend he got up early to do some work in the backyard and left me sleeping. Sure enough, by the time I got out there, the damage was already done.

I rooted around in my bathroom for some cheap aloe gel to help him and saw this tube. Then it all came flooding back to me. This stuff saved my bacon when I got a nasty sunburn a few years ago. That time it was an odd and unplanned circumstance when I got stuck in the sun all day by accident. Not quite like the scenario in the original Hangover movie, but close. I will spare you the details.

So I lathered my husband up with this all over his burnt arms, legs neck, face and ears. I was really worried he was going to get sunstroke or worse. He was lobster city. Within a couple of hours of applying this, his redness faded dramatically. By the next morning, the sunburn was significantly gone and in some areas there was no evidence that he had been burned at all! Within 24 hours the burn had disappeared completely. My husband had a full and complete recovery. No ill effects. This stuff is amazing. No peeling, no headache, nothing. Even my husband was impressed and he didn't find the smell offensive at all. He finds the smell of most products to be offensive, so this means something if it didn't bother him. He is an "unscented" product kind of guy. If you or any member of your family suffer from a tendency to burn, you should try this product. I am not kidding. It works a million times better than aloe gel. This stuff is the bomb.

I would also like to point out that there is no expiry date on this tube. It says it is 99.5% natural. It has a nice, light scent which is barely noticeable. I know this tube is 3 years, pushing 4 years old and the product works just as well today as it did when I bought it. Can't complain about that. I don't remember what I paid for it, maybe $15-$20 Canadian. Worth every penny and more.

Packaging: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10  
Travel Worthy: 8/10 (it's a bit big for travel but you could put some in a small container)
Moisturizing: 10/10
Comfortable: 10/10
Effective: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES!!!!!!!!!!!    
Overall Rating: 10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment