Pages

Saturday 24 May 2014

Goody Quikstyle Half-Round Shape - Review


I have something a bit different for you today. A hairbrush review! I had seen this brush and similar shaped ones at the supermarket and drugstores for months before I bought this a couple of months ago and I was very curious about them. I think they normally retail for around $15 but I picked mine up on sale for $10. This brush has microfiber bristles which are supposed to absorb water and remove 30% of water in wet hair.

First of all, I do find that this brush does help get some water out of your hair and it does make it dry faster. You can also use a towel.....If you air dry your hair, it will make a little difference, but not a heck of a lot. What ticks me off is that as soon as you run this brush through your wet hair, the bristles flop over and lay flat. So I don't think you get much use out of the bristles after running this brush through your hair once or twice. Please see what I mean in the picture below.
 
 
 
Please excuse the hair in the brush picture. I picked some of it out but I wanted you to see the flattened bristles effect. The brush is super lightweight which is good for blow drying - your arms don't get so tired. You almost have to make it a nightly activity to lift the bristles back into place. I don't like a brush that high maintenance, but if you don't wash your hair daily, it might not be big deal to do this in front of the T.V. every couple of nights for a couple of minutes.
 
Where this brush excels is in blow drying. I wasn't expecting much, but it is so easy to use this brush (even with the bristles flattened) to give yourself a blowout. My hair wraps and curls very nicely around this brush over and over again with no tangles! It is very easy to shape your hair with flippy ends with this brush. Also, it cuts down on blow drying significantly because as you blow dry, the microfibers dry in a snap and are ready to absorb more water. Here is a picture of the brush when I have lifted all of the bristles up for the next use.
 

 
 
Overall Rating: 7/10 (the easily flattened bristles issue knocks a few points off)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment