Pages

Saturday 17 May 2014

bareMinerals Concealer Eye Brightener Broad Spectrum Mult-Tasking Face Powder SPF20 in Well-Rested - Review



One of my favourite bloggers/vloggers Emily from Beauty Broadcast has recommended this product on a number of occasions. Since I am constantly battling covering dark under eye circles, I thought I would give it a shot. Also, I always have problems finding a good under eye setting powder for my under eye concealer. This product is $23 Canadian and $18 U.S. which isn't bad considering you get 2g or 0.07 oz. per jar. You really don't need much of this on your brush to cover your under eye area so the jar is likely to last me an eternity.



The colour I have, which is the one that Emily recommends, is Well-Rested. This shade is described as yellow ivory which is an eye brightening shadow base for all skin tones. This works well for light skin tones. I think you would need to pick a darker colour in the line if you are medium or dark toned.

I bought this jar almost a year ago. To be honest with you guys, at first I didn't think that much of it. I was lightly brushing this product under my eyes over concealer and I thought it was just doing an "ok" job. Recently, I started patting this product on over my under eye concealer and it is making a huge difference. Maybe I am an ignoramus, but I had always just followed some you tube gurus instructions on brushing like products under your eye with say a Sigma E25 brush. I think I was brushing my concealer off was what I was doing!



I started patting this product on with a Real Techniques Setting Brush (pink handle) and it has made all of the difference in the world. It's like night and day under my eyes (bad pun I know). Well-Rested holds up all day long too under your eyes and makes it look bright and barely shadowy there. The product does not crease easily which is what you need in that delicate area. With the right brush, this product works like a charm, no need to blend or fuss much with the application.

One word of warning, if you use a dry concealer or your under eye area is not moisturized properly, this powder can look powdery after a few hours. I use this over MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer in NC30 and Clinique's Even Better Eyes under the MAC concealer and don't have an issue with this combination looking powdery.

Packaging: 6/10  (even with the shaker insert it's still a powdery mess)
Pigmentation: 8/10 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Texture: 9/10 
Price: 9/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 6/10 (I do not recommend this to be put in your purse....)  
Attractiveness of Product: 9.55/10
Would I buy this again? Yes Indeed
Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment