Pages

Saturday 12 April 2014

LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Shadow Primer - Review


I love mini makeup products for 3 reasons. First, because they are usually free (tee hee). Second, they are great for travel. Third, even if you have to pay for it, it's usually cheap and you get to try out the product before you invest in a large, more expensive version. Before I get into this short review, I thought I would mention that Sephora no longer seems to be carrying LORAC products. Interesting...In fact, they only have one product listed on Sephora's website as of today. I must be one of the few makeup bloggers and addicts alive who was not impressed with the LORAC Pro Palette. The full review of that is on my blog if you are interested!

Back to the matter at hand. I received my LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Shadow Primer along with the LORAC Pro Palette. It's sad that I am only getting around to this review now. The one I have is a mini coming in at 0.19 oz. or 5.5g. The full size is 0.5 oz or 14.79g and retails for $21 U.S. I have mainly been using this tube when I travel which has been a bit this week. I was away for work for a couple of days this week and last night slept over at friend's house.




The product is flesh coloured. It works. It does. It keeps my eye shadows from creasing for a number of hours. I find it works better paired with an eye shadow base than it does on its own with just eye shadow on top of it. This is of course true of most eye shadow primers. I have to say that it does not perform or work as well as my Tarte Clean Slate 360 Eye Creaseless 12 hr Smoothing Eye Primer. Also, the ingredients are better in the Tarte product. Without using an eye shadow base, the Tarte product is superior to the LORAC version.

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 7.5/10
Longevity: 8/10 
Texture: 7/10 (it's a bit wet)
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Creaseless?:  8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 7/10
Would I buy this again? Nah
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment