Pages

Monday 10 March 2014

Tangle Teezer The Original - Review


I have something slightly different for all of you today. It's a hairbrush. Yes, these are exciting times my friends lol. I picked this up at Target on a trip to the States back in November. I have naturally curly, frizzy hair. Sometimes when I get out of the shower, I have a full on rat's nest on my hands. I also don't have a lot of time to fuss with my hair most mornings. I have been using a detangling comb from Sally Beauty for the past few years. It works decently, but I wanted something better.



I have seen a lot of knock-offs of this product lately in a rainbow of colours. It doesn't look like it would be rocket science to replicate, however, this hairbrush appears to have patents in full force. It says on the package that this brush has won The Queen's Awards for Enterprise: Innovation 2012. The brush was made in Great Britain if you hadn't already guessed. I think I paid about $10 U.S. for this brush.


The first few times I used this I thought "Meh, it's ok" but after 3 times or so I got the hang of it and I was able to comb out my freshly washed hair in record time - maybe under 2 minutes. It really works! My only beef with this product is the so called "ergonomically designed" for a "palm friendly, non-slip fit". What a lark! I have yet to use this brush and have it not at least once fly completely out of my hand and across the bathroom. Thank God I haven't broken any tiles or my mirror yet. In the interest of full disclosure, I have fairly large palms but short fingers. Does that sound hot or what? My point is that perhaps this brush was designed for people with longer or regular length fingers. I can barely wrap my hand around this thing! So maybe the problem is me.


Sorry about the stray hair or two. I did my best to clean it out before I took the picture. This brush works in both dry and wet hair. I recommend it, especially if you have nice, long piano playing fingers. I am not sure how to rate this so I will give it an overall rating of 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment