Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Tarte ReCreate Silicone-Free Primer - Review


The current status of this product has me a bit baffled. I think it is discontinued. Since the makeup world can be a funny place, this product may be repromoted one day, so therefore I will do a review. I swear I got this large size sample of this product from Sephora recently. Yet, this product is not on Sephora's website and it is no where to be found on Tarte's website. Maybe one of you know? Please leave me comment below.

The foundation primer business has become a monster in the last year or two. Competition is fierce. If this primer didn't survive the battle, I am not surprised. It wasn't wonderful, just ok. It looks like a body lotion and is white. It glides on easy as pie and you don't need much. It feels nice on the skin and seems unscented.

I am lucky that I can say that I don't have much in the way of wrinkles so I can't say that I noticed that this product, which is targeted at working on blurring wrinkles, did anything for me. It is silicone-free which appeals to many people. Normally, I love most Tarte products, but this one didn't wow me. The best I can say about this primer is that it helped keep my foundation looking fresh longer and it gave me a little bit of a more dewy complexion. I skipped primer one morning recently and I totally noticed a difference that day when I had been using this product every day for a week before. However, compared to my Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, this Tarte primer is sub par. If it were still available, I wouldn't repurchase. I will finish the tube though. I didn't notice that this primer did anything to minimize the look of my pores or redness on my face which a lot of other primers do these days.

Packaging: 5/10 (boring!)  
Pigmentation: N/A 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Texture: 10/10 
Price: ???????
Ingredients: ??????? 
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 6/10
Would I buy this again? Uh No and Can't
Overall Rating: 6.5/10

2 comments:

  1. With so many new, innovative primers out there, I think companies really need to step it up to keep from getting lost in the shuffle. Luminizing, pore minimizing, brightening, toning, smoothing, buffing, bronzing...the perks list is downright exhausting! I'm just waiting for a primer that will do my laundry for me -- then, I'll buy 'em all.

    I jest, but in the meantime, I mainly stick to silicone-based primers like Smashbox or theBalm -- something that really just focuses on smoothing my base and helping my makeup adhere more evenly. I don't know how much can be accomplished by a product that is ultimately hidden by layers of pigment -- so I like to keep it basic and texture-based.

    Kalyn @ The Scenic Route
    http://www.kalynlord.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalyn, I think that is some good advice!

      Delete