Pages

Tuesday 28 January 2014

NARS Larger than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto - Review and Swatch



I think I have found the best black pencil liner on the market. Nars' Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto is the product that I speak of. This stuff is a nice deep black and it stays on all day long. It appears to have a blue-ish undertone, which I personally don't mind. I am wearing it right now and we are at the 17 hour mark. It's still fairly dark and it has not budged. It's a solid, yet soft black if that makes any sense. It's a serious black, but it's not jet black. Swatch is at the end of this blog post.

Most pencil liners smear on me. There are only a few that don't such as most MAC and Urban Decay pencils. Those are pretty much in the safe zone for me. This Nars pencil doesn't 98% of the time, even when I wear glasses. Once in a while I notice a tiny smudge under one eye, but it's nothing serious and wipes away easily.


This also lasts longer on the waterline than any other eyeliner that I have ever tried. It still fades on me but it hangs on and some is still there at the end of the night. It's very soft and creamy. It glides on so easily. It's easy to apply and would be a good choice for a makeup beginner. The line is not too thin and not too thick. You can make the line thicker of course if you wish.


This is a twist up eyeliner, not one that you sharpen per se. There are advantages and disadvantages to this. On the up side, you waste a lot less product by not sharpening away the product constantly. On the down side, it's not easy to get a sharp point if that is what you desire. The pencil does come with a little sharpener, but it only does so much. I, personally, am not bothered about having a super sharp point, so I am cool with this design.


I must be getting lazy because I reach for this all of the time these days. It's so easy and less hassle than gel liner when I am limited on time. I would definitely get other colours in this line. The only drawback to this product is the price. It's $28 Canadian or $24 in the U.S. I actually bought this one in New York just to save the $4! Sad, I know, but $4 is $4. If you are wild about black pencil eyeliner and long wear products, you have to try this baby.


 
Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 9.5/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10 (it's value for your money though)
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Hell to the Yes
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment