Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

Love MAC? Do you travel? Like saving money? I have a suggestion....



Brrr it's cold here! It was -35 degrees with the windchill here this morning. For those of you in warmer climates, you may not be able to visualize that, but I assure you that -35 degrees is damn cold and is quite colder than normal for us Torontonians during the winter months.

I have something a little different for all of you today. Do you love MAC eyeshadows? Do you sometimes travel? On a budget or like saving money? Well I have a suggestion for you.

If you buy an empty MAC Pro Palette Eyeshadow case x4, it is $10 Canadian or $8 U.S. Just for an empty palette, no eyeshadows included. This palette is on the left in the picture above. I will admit that the MAC palette is sleek and looks sexy. I have a few of these myself.

On the right in the picture above, we have the e.l.f. Essential Custom Compact with Mirror. It's $1 U.S. Yep, that's right, I said it's $1 U.S. Can't do better than that. To do a couple things better than MAC, it has a mirror and a dual-ended applicator which the MAC version does not have. Now the e.l.f. palette looks kind of cheap and is no where near as attractive as the MAC version. I won't kid you there.



I am sure you can see where I am going with this. MAC Pro Palette Eyeshadow Refill Pans fit into the e.l.f. palette. I have MAC's Trax in the lower right hand corner above in the e.l.f. palette. The e.l.f. palette slots or holes (gee that doesn't sound good) are just a hair bigger than a MAC eyeshadow pan, but because it is magnetic, it holds the MAC eyeshadow snugly and firmly in place. It will not fall out if you turn it upside down.

Sorry my MAC palette is so dusty looking and there is a shot of my camera in the first pic.

On top of this sweet discovery, as you can likely guess, Makeup Geek (MUG) eyeshadows also fit into the e.l.f. palette. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! So if you don't feel like splashing out $10 Canadian for the MAC palette or $15 U.S. and up for a Z palette, this may be a good alternative for you. I would even dare to suggest that the e.l.f. palette is sturdier for travel than the MAC one. I'm just saying.....

I'll be using my e.l.f. palette with MAC and MUG eyeshadows the next time I leave town for a night or more. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment