Pages

Saturday 18 January 2014

Korres Antiageing Primer - Review


I got a good sized sample from Sephora of this recently and I was able to get 3 uses out of it. I seem to be on a kick to try out and use up some of the foundation primers that I have kicking around. I don't think that foundation primer is one of those things that you need to use for awhile to get the feel of it and be able to give it an honest review. I think you see the results of the full extent of it the first time you use it.

I am very lucky that I don't have hardly any wrinkles at my age. I have zero crow's feet, and other than a couple mild laugh lines, I think I'm doing pretty good. I am in my 30's and I have seen 20 year olds (even celebrities)  with crow's feet etc. so I consider myself most fortunate. Since I am not looking "pruney" yet, I can't speak about whether or not this product makes your wrinkles look smoother or not.

I am going to cut and paste for you the information about this primer straight from Sephora's website:

What it is: A powerful treatment and skin-perfecting facial primer clinically proven to improve skin texture by 97%.

What it does:
This powerful treatment and skin-perfecting face primer in one instantly fills wrinkles and produces a smooth and perfected skin surface—ensuring long-lasting make up application. The formula is enriched with powerful antioxidant Quercetin and Oak extracts, which improve skin cell functioning, repair fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin texture and elasticity. The revolutionary, breakthrough Quercetin & Oak Age-reversing Primer is clinically proven to improve skin texture by 97% and significantly increase skin elasticity by 88%.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Silicone-free; does not clog the pores.

Research Results:
Quercetin & Oak Age-reversing Primer Clinical Studies:
- 97% saw improved skin texture
- 88% saw significant increase in skin elasticity
- 84% saw visibly firmer, tighter skin
- 75% saw immediate lifting


There appears to be some good stuff in this product. What I can tell you of my brief experience with it is that it feels very nice when you put it on. It glides over your skin like silk and it has a cooling sensation. Might be nice to use when it is hot outside. I did find that it was very comfortable on and felt great throughout the day. My makeup did stay on well so it served as a good base. It also made my pores look smaller and made my skin look reasonably even toned. It didn't help cover any blemishes though. It gave it a little glow too. It looks like light white hand lotion.

The price is $43 Canadian and $33 U.S. at Sephora for 1.01 oz.

I still love my Laura Mercier Radiance primer and plan to stick to that for now. I did think this product was neat though and maybe when I have more wrinkles I would give it another go. I would use this if I had some lying around. It seemed like a nice product to me. I am just not sure that I would reap the benefits of yet at this stage of my life.

I have a bunch of palettes coming up soon for review and I have dabbled in a few primers lately so stay tuned!

Packaging: 8/10 
Pigmentation: N/A 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10 
Price: 5/10 (Pricey)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Would I buy this again? Possibly Yes
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment