Pages

Thursday 7 November 2013

Sephora + Pantone Universe Elemental Color Shadow Block - Review and Swatches



I mentioned on Twitter yesterday that I was going to do a post today about some really great eyeshadow that I have discovered that is currently quite cheap. Some of you may not think this is cheap, but considering it is less than half price at Sephora at the moment, I am going to say that it is on the cheap. It's $15 Canadian or $13 U.S. Regular price was $31 Canadian or $26 U.S. I got this in a recent online Sephora haul.

A friend of mine bought this for full price several months ago. She really liked it but she hated paying what she did for it. I didn't think much of it when I saw it in the store, but when I really started looking at hers and how neat it looked, well I started thinking that I needed to have it. I decided to lay in wait for the sale and sure enough, it came eventually. I think $31 is pushing it for 3 Sephora eyeshadows, but at $15, it's a deal! These colours are so rich and pigmented. They are very smooth and creamy and blend extremely well. The least creamy is the green colour, Emerald Shimmer, but it looks great on. It really pops!




The other two colours look blah, standard issue stuff at first glance, but both are very attractive on and would suit most skin tones. The peachy sand colour is called Apple Blossom and the matte medium beige shade is called Camel. I have worn them together and separate and they are very nice indeed. In fact, I am planning to use this little palette frequently and travel with it. The Apple Blossom shade is sooo gorgeous. Camel can be used as a crease colour or lid colour depending on your colouring. Emerald Shimmer looks amazing on the lower lash line with the other two colours on the lid. If you were thinking of picking this up, now is the time.

There is convenient mirror that pops out from the bottom or should I say swivels out. The lid does the same. Very neat. Too fun to play with. It's like bubble wrap - playing with it has addictive properties. The overall weight of this product is 0.12 oz. or 3.65g. Lots of shadow here. Here are the swatches:


 
 
This eyeshadow is very long lasting with a primer, looks expensive and I am just thrilled with my purchase. Can't recommend it enough!
 
Packaging: 10/10    
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 9.5/10
Price: 10/10 (on sale or 5/10 full price) 
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Overall Rating: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes if I run out and if they keep it stock (doubtful)


No comments:

Post a Comment