Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Oil of Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser + Scrub - Review


Lots of bloggers have been raving about this product for the last year plus. I am still on my quest to find a really good facial cleanser by the way. After using this, I can tell you now that I will keep on trucking! I didn't like this product at all. My skin can be sensitive, but I wouldn't say it is super sensitive. If you are even thinking about purchasing this product, I wouldn't dream of it unless you have really tough or insensitive skin.

To be fair, there are four positive things I can say about this product. The first is that it is inexpensive. I think I paid around $8 or $9 for this. The second is that the packaging and product look cool as is the dispenser. No wasting the product possibility here. The third is that it lathers and foams up really well. It was almost fun to use at first! Finally, the last positive thing I can about this, which is likely the best part, is that it really deep cleans your skin. After I have used this, I cannot find any trace of makeup left on my face, even when I go over my skin with a toner or makeup remover cloth. If you are a clown (I am being serious actually lol) this would get all of your clown makeup off in a snap. For the love of Pete though, don't use this on your eyes!

On to the negatives. I hate the smell first of all. It smells like it wants to smell like a mineral infused ocean, but the smell is very chemical and off putting. The second thing is that this product is very harsh! Every time I have used it, my skin has felt like it is itching and burning in places. This leaves sections of my cheeks extremely irritated for a long while. I assure you I am not scrubbing very hard! I will not be using this on my face again. I have tried it about 4 or 5 times and enough is enough.

When I last used this a few days ago, my skin was irritated once again and I had to pile on the moisturizer so I could sleep. When I woke up, my skin had broken out in the exact same areas that were irritated the night before. I had large, red, painful blemishes. The likes of which I haven't had in years. It hurt to touch them. Luckily, they have shrunk and have started to go away. Luckily, my makeup was able to hide most of the mess, but the bumps on my skin were obvious. There was no escaping that horror.

Maybe you could argue that this product was merely cleaning out my pores and "doing it's thing". I don't think so, but maybe I am wrong. I don't think you should walk away after washing your face with burning, irritated skin that feels like it has been scorched.

Just because I had a bad experience, doesn't mean that everyone will. Look at all of bloggers who love this stuff! I am just not one of them. Like I said before, if your skin is the least bit sensitive, I would stay the hell away from this cleanser.

Packaging: 910
Texture: 1/10 (gritty and harsh)  
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 5/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10  
Travel Worthy: 5/10 (bulky, heavy but not likely to leak)  
Deep Cleans: 10/10
Moisturizing: 0/10
Comfortable/Softening: 0/10
Smell: 2/10
Would I buy this again? No Way  
Overall Rating: 5/10 (if you have insensitive skin) and 0/10 (if your have sensitive skin)

No comments:

Post a Comment