Pages

Thursday 8 August 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in 30 Pin Up Peach - Review and Swatch


As many of you know, I am not the biggest fan of drugstore makeup. However, once in a while I find the odd good buy and/or gem. Today, I have one for you. I apologize but the writing on the tube faded almost as soon as it went into my purse makeup bag. That's drug store packaging for you! So this is the Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Pin Up Peach. I heard some good things about this online so I decided what the heck and picked it up. I don't believe that I actually have a lipstick colour like this one so it was a no brainer.



It has a gel base I believe and therefore it glides over your lips. It's not sticky at all, just silky smooth. I don't find that this formula bleeds or stains much. It's super comfortable to wear and is possibly slightly moisturizing. It is a sheer colour but I actually like those. You still get enough colour to look like you are wearing lipstick though. This particular colour looks very attractive on and I have a feeling just about anyone could pull it off. Here is the swatch which doesn't do the colour justice.



I will seriously be picking up a few more shades of this product and will likely repurchase Pin Up Peach before they disappear. The lipstick smells a bit like candy, which I can overlook, but I wish they would have toned down the smell a bit. If you eat or drink anything, I do find that this lipstick will come off faster than regular lipsticks because of the gel formula. However, if you don't eat or drink anything, I find that this lipstick is just as long wearing as any other regular lipstick on the market with the added bonus that the colour stays looking good on and looks freshly applied.

I think I paid maybe around $8 for this at Wal-Mart. You should check these out!

Packaging: 3/10 (writing faded in 2 seconds, looks cheap and lid is not so secure) 
Pigmentation: 8/10 (for a sheer lipstick - impressive) 
How Does it Feel On: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: ????? not sure what is in here 
Travel Worthy: 7/10 (lid not so secure is an issue)
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Smell and Taste: 6/10
Would I buy this again? YES     
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment