Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance - Review and Swatch



For years I have poo poo'd foundation primers. To me it seemed like yet another product to layer onto your face. It seemed like a colossal waste of time and money or so I thought. I recently busted out a sample I had kicking around of Estee Lauder's foundation primer when I was in Las Vegas. The weather was hot and the days were long so I thought my foundation could use a boost and some more staying power. I was happy with the results. I will save my review of the Estee Lauder product for a separate review coming soon.

On to the topic at hand. I was so impressed with the Estee Lauder foundation primer that I decided to give one of many Laura Mercier primer samples a try that I had lying around. Sephora gives these out like it is going out of style. My skin was not looking so good lately and I didn't feel like wearing a heavy coverage foundation so I applied this the other morning. Wow! This foundation primer takes primer to a new level I think. This product is tinted and when you apply it, it seems to reduce the look of redness and blemishes on your face right away. It blends in completely - most people should be able to wear this colour I would think/hope. Your pores disappear after you apply this. Your skin looks illuminated and fresh all day. It makes my foundation look great throughout the day and doesn't let it fade. My foundation glides on like a dream after I use this. Shine on your face is kept at a decent minimum too all day long. My mother even complimented me on my skin the other day and asked me what I did as it looked beautiful. My mother hasn't said that about my skin in years!

I have totally changed my attitude towards foundation primers! This Laura Mercier one excellent in my book.

This product comes in 3 sizes and ranges in price from $24 to $55 Canadian or $19.50 to $44 U.S. The samples that I have should last me a long time I think. You only need a little bit of the product and it goes a long way. Here's the swatch:



Packaging: 8/10 
Pigmentation: 9/10 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10 
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Hell Yes 
Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment