Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Haul Time! Big MAC Haul!



I actually have done two MAC hauls in the past three weeks so I thought I would combine them and show you what I got! The first haul was innocent enough. I had some rewards points at the Bay so I got a sweet gift card with my points which practically paid for most of my first haul. In that haul I purchased the Brush Cleanser (I go through this stuff like water) and two eye shadows - Texture and Swiss Chocolate. You can't buy the pro palette refills at The Bay so I had to get the pots I am afraid. Free is free though and hey there's always Back to MAC.

While I was getting those three goodies, the MAC Artist talked me into going to one of their launches for the Indulge Collection. In exchange for spending a certain sum, they would do my makeup for me and show me their new products. I have never done that before so I thought "what the hell" and signed up. Needless to say I ended up spending more than the qualifying amount needed! This is not hard to do at a MAC counter!

 
I already had my eye on a couple of things so I figured that if I didn't like their new collection that I had lots of things in mind that I could buy. I ended up picking up the newish Pro Longwear Concealer in NC30, the MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder, the Lightful Marine Bright Formula Moisture Crème and two of the Indulge Collection eye shadows in Divine Decadence and Sex & The Oyster.


From right to left we have Sex & The Oyster, Divine Decadence, Texture and Swiss Chocolate. There are better shots below. I promise to swatch these for you soon when I get to a review.

The MAC Artist that did my makeup showed me some good products that I was not aware of (how unusual) and she showed me a new look and some techniques so it was worth my while to go. However, the overall look she gave me didn't thrill me and I immediately thought when I looked in the mirror that I could do a better job myself at home. Is that terrible to say? When I got home, my husband gave me a strange look and said and I quote "you never do your makeup that way" and basically inferred that I do a better job. He hated the bronzer she used on me. Tee hee. I have zero professional makeup artist training by the way. I don't claim to be a guru but I usually know what I can get away with on my face and what is not so good. 


I did like the look of two eye shadows that she used on me shown above - Sex & The Oyster and Divine Decadence which are limited edition from the Indulge Collection. So I picked those up. I was not crazy about the foundation she used on me which did not have enough coverage for my taste and she watered it down big time with moisturizer so not much product went on. It was the new Matchmaster SPF 15 foundation. Since I seriously need help covering up my under eye circles, and since I had heard fabulous things about the new Pro Longwear Concealer, I picked that up. It's in glass too! Way to go MAC!

As I suspected, she suggested I go darker than my usual NC20/NC25 in order to cover up my under eye area, hence me getting the NC30. So we will see how that works out for me. I will keep you posted.


Here is Texture and Swiss Chocolate above. Anyway, she used the Lightful Marine Bright Formula on me to prep my skin and it felt amazing on. The MAC Artist raved about it and says she buys it basically by the bucket. Her skin did look good. This particular product cost me a small fortune so hopefully it lives up to my expectations! Finally, I am sick and tired about people gushing over Smolder eye kohl!!! So I had to buy it. Review coming soon. That's it, hope you liked my haul and that you are all keeping well!

No comments:

Post a Comment