Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Strip, Wallflower and Naked - Review and Swatches


So I have kind of fallen in love. I am not referring to my husband, whom I already love, but specifically with the Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipglosses. I had a sample of this product in "Naked" for I don't know how long. It came with my Naked 2 palette. I am the pickiest person on earth when it comes to lipgloss and I took one look at this plastic shimmery tube and said "yuck". Fast forward to February 2013. I acquire Urban Decay's Feminine Palette and there is another one of these Lip Junkie's in there. This one is called "Wallflower". I have since bought a full sized "Strip".

As I have mentioned in some of my previous posts, I had an allergic reaction to some facial soap a few months back and it has wreaked havoc on my lips. They are on the mend and are much better. They frequently peeled and burned for weeks after my reaction. One night out of desperation, I reached for Wallflower because I remembered that it is supposed to "Cool & Plump". Well it did cool the fire on my lips and I loved the soothing mint smell and effect. The gloss was nice and slick and sticky (the right kind of sticky) but not too sticky and it lasted and lasted. There was no offensive smell (unless you hate mint) and the shine was out of this world. It looks fantastic alone or over any lipstick. One of the best parts? The ingredients aren't too scary. Seriously, one of the best lip glosses EVER!

I'll admit that the full tube I purchased did smell a bit plastic for the first couple of uses but that is all gone now. I would prefer something easier than a squeeze tube for this product but I will deal with it. If you love lip gloss, you have to try one of these. If you are like me and aren't the biggest fan of nasty, smelly, burning and yuck feeling gloss, you have to try this! I don't notice any plumping with this product which suits me fine because I don't need it. This soothes and moisturizes my lips and does not irritate them in the least, and believe me, they were irritated before I started using this and now they are getting back to normal.


From left to right we have Strip, Wallflower and Naked. I have almost finished Wallflower and I enjoyed it very much indeed. The small size was perfect for my purse. Wallflower is a nude sheer. Strip is nude mauve colour and I quite like it. Naked is a shimmery rose. No clue why they called it Naked. To be honest, I prefer Strip and Wallflower over Naked because I like sheer glosses and Naked has shimmer. However, Naked is very attractive on by itself with a pink lip liner. I just prefer sheer - personal preference. I will be purchasing more of these in other colours. I wish they would change the packaging though. These are $19 U.S. and $23 Canadian. I can guarantee these will be in my best products of 2013 when the time comes.

Packaging: 4/10 (I like the lid but the packaging is weird and awkward)
Pigmentation: 7/10 (they are pretty sheer) 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? In a heartbeat
Overall Rating: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment