Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2013

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Brazen Bolds in 560 Shopping Spree - Review and Swatches


I bought this quad out of morbid curiosity. Emily from Beauty Broadcast used this in one of her videos and I thought the colours looked great on her. So I decided to head over to Wal-Mart and pick it up. It cost me $8.99 Canadian but I think you can pay up to $12.99 Canadian for this at some drug stores. I thought the colour combination was unusual and neat and the peach colour looked like it really popped on camera.

The first thing I have to say it that the packaging is soooo cheap - both look and feel. I always get a shock when I make purchases at the drug store, however, I have bought drug store stuff that costs less than this and has far better packaging. Shame on you L'Oreal! The cover is a fingerprint nightmare and the gold reminds me of a cheap lamp.

 
I like the colour combination. L'Oreal gets props for going a bit outside of the box. I created the same look that Emily from Beauty Broadcast did and it was flattering. I laughed out loud when I went onto L'Oreal's website and saw some of the looks they put together with this quad - talk about amateur! Heaven help us all if that is the best L'Oreal's makeup artists can come up with! There are probably hundreds of YouTube beauty gurus that could put L'Oreal to shame!
 
I digress. Anyway, the colour payoff was not so great and the formula was not smooth at all. I am wearing it right now and it feels a bit itchy. Speaking of which...what the hell are the ingredients??? There are none anywhere on the package and there were none posted on the display. I looked on L'Oreal's website - nada. I briefly surfed the net and came up blank. I really hate that when a company isn't forthright with their ingredients.
 
I use a lot of MAC, Tarte, Urban Decay and theBalm eyeshadow. This stuff is &*%$ in comparison. I am sorry, but I am going to call a spade a spade. The colours were not hard to work with, but weren't easy to work with either. I can't tell you how many times I have to dip my brush into the peach and light blue colour just to get some product on my eye. The peach colour and the pink are the best of the four in terms of how they look and stand out on the eye. The colours are long lasting though with a primer and a paint pot base. I will be putting this up into my never use makeup bag. I will dust it off again at some point, but frankly I have some dupes of these colours in better brands which I could easily use to dupe the look I put together.
 
I know I have a Tarte eyeshadow from their Jewelry Box collection from a couple of years ago that has a dupe for the pink. You could probably mix MAC's All That Glitters and Jest for the peach shade, MAC's Swan Lake for the light blue and MAC's Typographic for the dark grey. I have to say that the L'Oreal colours swatch very well on the arm but do not transfer easily to the eye (even with a paint pot on)!

 
 


Packaging: 2/10 (it's slim and small but the shape of the pan eyeshadows is just plan awkward)
Pigmentation: 3/10 (the dark grey and pink aren't bad)
Easy to Work With: 5/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 2/10
Price: 9/10
Ingredients: ??????? 0/10 (for keeping it a secret)
Travel Worthy: 9/10 (small and convenient)
Attractiveness of Product: 7/10
Would I buy this again? Heck No   
Overall Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment