Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Mottle - Review and Swatch



My favourite ice cream of all time is Mint Chocolate Chip. Never did I think that would look good in a nail polish colour, but then I saw an ad for this nail polish and I fell in love. This is Illamasqua's Nail Varnish in Mottle. I had to hunt this down. Sephora was sold out online when I checked and so was the Toronto Eaton Centre. I finally nabbed the last bottle at my local Sephora. The black bits seem really sturdy if that is the right choice of word. They are well embedded in the nail polish and do not flake or chip off. My nails almost remind me of a green Robin's egg (I know they are blue but this is close). I think the colour is so cool. What do you think?


This is the first Illamasqua purchase that I have ever made. I am interested in their blushes, but I need another blush like I need a hole in the head. If any of you can recommend the Illamasqua blushes or a particular colour, please let me know. I will keep it on the radar. This nail varnish also came in a purple, baby blue, pink and tan colour with the black specs. A bottle is $16 U.S. and $18 Canadian. The purple and the blue were also very nice in opinion, but I fell in love with the green in Mottle.

I have had this on for a couple of days and I must say that I don't see much in the way of chips. Usually, a manicure (I did this one myself) lasts me one day tops and then it is chip city. So this seems to be holding up as well as the next nail polish. The formula is pretty thick and goopy. It does not glide on easily, but I think the formula is that way to keep the black specs in it and not slide away. Because of the look and texture of this nail polish, it's hard to screw up painting your nails with this. Even if you overdo a swipe, you can easily make it look good and no one will know you messed up.

**UPDATE: After three days of wear, I had huge chunks chip off. This is standard for me with nail polish, but I thought I would mention that this polish is not any more long lasting than any other brand. Also the black specs are a bitch to remove.**

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 7.5/10 
Easy to Work With: 7/10 (not super easy but can fix mistakes easily enough)
Longevity: 8/10
Texture: 6/10
Price: 6/10 (it's overpriced)
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes
Overall Rating: 7.5/10  and it's super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment